Mule Deer Trail (Maricopa Trail)

Mule Deer Trail (Maricopa Trail) is a 4.7 mile out and back trail located near Waddell, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mule Deer Trail is part of the Maricopa Trail and extends from Wildlife way to South Trail.

There was quite a bit of shit on the trail as horses and dogs are allowed. I’d rank as a great easy trail, not moderate.

After several years of not hiking, this trail turned out to be what I need to get my legs back. Trail is pretty and good for nature watching. Good beginner trail.

Kinda boring once your past the first .5 miles. Basically a desert walk and I most definitely wouldn’t consider this a “moderate” hike. Good for beginners, super peaceful!

I'm just starting out trail hiking.This was a good beginner trail, easy to moderate. Nice views. Nice trail with some rocky parts and some slight inclines. $6 park entry fee but that gets you into all of the trails.

I was confused by two Mule Deer trails , I thought it was loop. Very pretty trail.. but , I had to walk back to the car on the road and that sucked!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Easy hike. Enjoyed the scenery.

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

This hike is a long one but you can do it in shorter segments. The views from near the top of the hills are beautiful. However the flatter portions have a lot of horse droppings on them. It's a nice Trail with a mild elevation gain.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Maybe I am a little spoiled when it comes to scenery, but I can give this trail only an average.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Maybe I m a little spoiled with scenery, but I would have to call it average. Not something I would wanna do again.

recorded Mule