Mount Wrightson Loop Trail

Mount Wrightson Loop Trail is a 14.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

You can start this trail at Bog Springs Campground, Madera Picnic Area, or the Madera Ampitheatre. Around 1 mile in, the trail splits in two directions; one takes you past Bog Springs, the other past Sylvester Spring. Both paths are equidistant and meet up at Kent Springs after 2 miles. Around 2 miles later you will arrive at Amour Spring, then another half mile brings you to the junction with Crest Trail. This junction marks the end of Four Springs Trail.

I hiked Old Baldy up and Super trail back and recommend that. Old Baldy is gently graded but still a no-nonsense way of getting to the summit. Super trail is nice for solitude and views on a more relaxed trip back down.
Wear pants for super trail.

A great hike! The Super trail as it raps around the south side of the summit is a little over grown right now, so bring pants. Also be mindful for snakes and large predators, We found quite a bit of large predator skat, looked like bear and mountain lion.

Beautiful trail! The super trail runs along a stream and it has wonderful views!

Last mile a workout.

Awesome hike to the top!!! Very well kept trail. Not a hard trail.

Came from Virginia to see and experience this mountain. Wonderful views can't wait to come back and explore it more

Great long hike! Old baldy trail is steep with lots of switchbacks. Bring lots of water! The super trail has lots of very sharp bushes growing onto the trail, so wear pants! Beautiful views on top, worth the work!

this trail can be cold and shady in the winter. I forgot a jacket but found a animal chewed used jacket in a pile. God does provide!

A LONG hike but so worth it. Get started early !! Bring water, camera sun screen and LOTS of energy!!

This is one omg my favorites!!! Challenging at times but huge payoff in the end. There was about 1" of snow and quite a bit ice after baldy saddle but taking it slow will get the job done. Love the views and I highly recommend the hike. Be sure to plan a full day to take it all in.

Friday, December 16, 2016

This trail was great. Challenging but worth it for the great views. My 10 year old son was able to handle going to the peak and back down. He was pretty exhausted afterwards but was glad he did it.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Awesome views!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Did the Super Trail round trip. There is a fork about half way up, there is a tribute to the lost boy scouts, stay right to stay on Super. It is longer than Old Baldy but I enjoyed it, much better views. YmThe hike was amazing. It had rained recently so all the creeks and waterfalls were running pretty good. There is a lot of vegetation growing over the trails so wear pants. I took 4 liters of water, drank 3. The hike is long but worth it. Highly recommended.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

awesome hike. I can't wait to try it again and make it all the way!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

what an awesome and hard trail. I took the long route there approximately 14 miles and took me 7 hrs. what an awesome hike and view, come prepared bring plenty of water and snacks.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Great views, greenery and wildlife

Monday, March 28, 2016

I hiked Super Trail to Josephine Saddle and then Baldy trail to Old Baldy Trail And 1 mi more to peak . Did it in March 2016 with a little snow starting before the Baldy Saddle.. Great workout I loved the hike. I rate it 5 stars..14.4 mile loop.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

We did this trail on Thanksgiving day for the first time and I must say, it was an excellent workout. we took the old baldy up and out. it took us 8 hours. We are in our late 60s and thoroughly enjoyed the hike. It wasn't too difficult except it was very windy when we got to the top and since we were moving, ee didn't mind the 30s degree weather. We definitely will do Wrightson again when the heat begins in tucson.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Can't beat the scenery. Well kept trails and offers different challenges. Old baldy is knarled and rocky 2.2 miles to the saddle where as the Super (contrary to the first .25 miles) is smooth sailing 4.2 ish stretch. Twice as long but same elevation. After the saddle nothing changes. Super takes the back side (Sonoita views) and continues smoothly up to the summit where as baldy continues challenging to the bitter end on the front side. All in all the 2 trails carve out a figure 8 so you have options. I won't touch on Agua Linda trail because I've never done it but the warning signs make me think it's legit. I grew up looking at this mountain range my entire teenage career and helped fight a fire on it so maybe I'm biased but I love this hike and every time I come back to visit I always make time to get up there.