Mount Wrightson Loop Trail

Mount Wrightson Loop Trail is a 13.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

You can start this trail at Bog Springs Campground, Madera Picnic Area, or the Madera Ampitheatre. Around 1 mile in, the trail splits in two directions; one takes you past Bog Springs, the other past Sylvester Spring. Both paths are equidistant and meet up at Kent Springs after 2 miles. Around 2 miles later you will arrive at Amour Spring, then another half mile brings you to the junction with Crest Trail. This junction marks the end of Four Springs Trail.

Very tired but worth it. The sight on the top is excellent!

Un trail con excelentes vistas, gran altura.

Beautiful view from the top. It was an 8 hour hike. Take plenty of water and food.

What a great hike! I took my 2 older kids 13 and 15, they found it difficult but worthwhile. Views where amazing. We went up old baldy and down old baldy. We made the peak in 4:20 and back down in about 3 hours.

After a total of 107 switch backs, several water breaks, I still managed to reach the top of the summit which I really enjoyed. The views were magnificent. Don't let the short distance fool you, be prepared....bring lots of H20, protein foods to include raw honey, bagels, nuts, etc...and of course pack enough for at least an overnight in case of emergency. Be safe.

Difficult, but loved it!!!

Hiked up Old Baldy came back on the Super Trail. Lot of ice on the North side, snow 2 feet deep toward the summit. Very soft snow on the South side. Have been up there several times before but this was the best. A real adventure. January 2017

I hiked Old Baldy up and Super trail back and recommend that. Old Baldy is gently graded but still a no-nonsense way of getting to the summit. Super trail is nice for solitude and views on a more relaxed trip back down.
Wear pants for super trail.

A great hike! The Super trail as it raps around the south side of the summit is a little over grown right now, so bring pants. Also be mindful for snakes and large predators, We found quite a bit of large predator skat, looked like bear and mountain lion.

Beautiful trail! The super trail runs along a stream and it has wonderful views!

Last mile a workout.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Awesome hike to the top!!! Very well kept trail. Not a hard trail.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Came from Virginia to see and experience this mountain. Wonderful views can't wait to come back and explore it more

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Great long hike! Old baldy trail is steep with lots of switchbacks. Bring lots of water! The super trail has lots of very sharp bushes growing onto the trail, so wear pants! Beautiful views on top, worth the work!

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

this trail can be cold and shady in the winter. I forgot a jacket but found a animal chewed used jacket in a pile. God does provide!

Saturday, February 25, 2017

A LONG hike but so worth it. Get started early !! Bring water, camera sun screen and LOTS of energy!!

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Friday, December 30, 2016

12/29 - LOTS of snow on most of Old Baldy trail from 7500' to the summit. It varies from 1" to 10-12" around the switchback turns, and was very wet underneath. We had on low top hiking boots and our feet were soaked and cold for most of the trip.

Monday, December 19, 2016

This is one omg my favorites!!! Challenging at times but huge payoff in the end. There was about 1" of snow and quite a bit ice after baldy saddle but taking it slow will get the job done. Love the views and I highly recommend the hike. Be sure to plan a full day to take it all in.

Friday, December 16, 2016

This trail was great. Challenging but worth it for the great views. My 10 year old son was able to handle going to the peak and back down. He was pretty exhausted afterwards but was glad he did it.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Awesome views!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Did the Super Trail round trip. There is a fork about half way up, there is a tribute to the lost boy scouts, stay right to stay on Super. It is longer than Old Baldy but I enjoyed it, much better views. YmThe hike was amazing. It had rained recently so all the creeks and waterfalls were running pretty good. There is a lot of vegetation growing over the trails so wear pants. I took 4 liters of water, drank 3. The hike is long but worth it. Highly recommended.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

awesome hike. I can't wait to try it again and make it all the way!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

what an awesome and hard trail. I took the long route there approximately 14 miles and took me 7 hrs. what an awesome hike and view, come prepared bring plenty of water and snacks.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Great views, greenery and wildlife

Monday, March 28, 2016

I hiked Super Trail to Josephine Saddle and then Baldy trail to Old Baldy Trail And 1 mi more to peak . Did it in March 2016 with a little snow starting before the Baldy Saddle.. Great workout I loved the hike. I rate it 5 stars..14.4 mile loop.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

We did this trail on Thanksgiving day for the first time and I must say, it was an excellent workout. we took the old baldy up and out. it took us 8 hours. We are in our late 60s and thoroughly enjoyed the hike. It wasn't too difficult except it was very windy when we got to the top and since we were moving, ee didn't mind the 30s degree weather. We definitely will do Wrightson again when the heat begins in tucson.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Can't beat the scenery. Well kept trails and offers different challenges. Old baldy is knarled and rocky 2.2 miles to the saddle where as the Super (contrary to the first .25 miles) is smooth sailing 4.2 ish stretch. Twice as long but same elevation. After the saddle nothing changes. Super takes the back side (Sonoita views) and continues smoothly up to the summit where as baldy continues challenging to the bitter end on the front side. All in all the 2 trails carve out a figure 8 so you have options. I won't touch on Agua Linda trail because I've never done it but the warning signs make me think it's legit. I grew up looking at this mountain range my entire teenage career and helped fight a fire on it so maybe I'm biased but I love this hike and every time I come back to visit I always make time to get up there.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Love this trail. Easier on the knees and lungs then Old Baldy. It can be hot in some spots though between Josephines and Old Baldy Saddles in the summer months. What a workout.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

I, for some reason, decided to hike this on the hottest day we've had in Southern Arizona. I went up with a hiking partner as we're training for Whitney. The trail was good, but there was little shade and it was HOT, HOT, HOT. There is as nice saddle near the tops (one mile to go) where we had lunch and sat in the shade to rev up for the summit. It took us maybe thirty minutes from there to get to the top. It was a little steeper but not as bad as the switchbacks before that point. We summited around 1 p.m. We signed the book. Only complaint, that of course is no big deal, were the bugs at the top. Tons of them. I ate three. We started down and were back at the car at 4. I think we would have been quicker but the 100 plus heat zapped us a bit. This is a great hike for a workout. Really kicks your butt on the uphill. If scenery was a tad better, I'd give it a 5.