Meadow Trail #5A

Meadow Trail #5A is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Lemmon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a very short trail near Mt Lemmon SkyCenter. It's a short trail, but enjoy the views.

I hiked the Meadow Trail down, then up the Lemmon Trail to make a counterclockwise loop. It’s rather steep coming back up that way. Most other hikers seemed to be doing the loop in the opposite direction, which I’ll try next time. Either way, a beautiful hike.

Rushed through this hike on a rainy day. The way in is a gorgeous and relaxing hike. The way back is all uphill and a little more challenging. Dog loved it. Saw four tiny deer along the way.

Nice hike for the average adult. my little dog did the hike also. Great views!

We enjoyed mountain therapy and had a great hike on the Fourth of July! For the trailhead, look for mile marker #4400, which is right off of the paved road a few hundred feet away from the Steward Observatory. On the way back to the trailhead we took Mt. Lemmon Trail #5, which has a moderate designation; there was a bit of an incline with some rocky parts but quite manageable for adults with average health. I recommend Mt. Lemmon Trial #5 for the return hike because of the great scenery. Be sure to take a detour to visit the fire ranger’s lodge. Fire ranger Jeff was very friendly and invited us into his lodge for a chat. He shared with us how he “catches fire” around Mt. Lemmon with a cool giant compass looking instrument. Overall, I recommend this hike for hikers of all levels.

Easy hike
Wonderful views

fun little walk to stretch your legs after the 27mi drive up. views are gorgeous. the drive enticed me to do so many more hikes along the way. i will be back.

Short well maintained trail to a nice lookout over Tucson.

I hiked Mount Lemmon trail #5 first to turn this into a loop. It takes you to an amazing fire lookout cabin built on a high rock. The views clear into Mexico are breathtaking!.There's also quartz all over in the dirt that makes it shimmer.

It was a great short hike for our family group of mixed hiking abilities. My 9-year old was able to enjoy the views along with our elder members. We all enjoyed the vastly different biome from our desert floor home. Deserving of its “Easy” designation.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Beautiful trail, great views, hiked the Meadow trail down and came back up the Mt Lemmon trail. If your looking for a nice cardio workout the hike back up the Mt Lemmon trail will do it. 300 ft elevation increase over the last 1/2 mile or so.

Friday, June 16, 2017

The trail was nice and easy. As you approach near the end it gets very rocky and goes downhill. I reached the end and used the Mount Lemmon Trail to get back which means I had to go back up uphill. It was rocky and knocked me out but was worth it.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Nice short trail, not too demanding, but the upward slope back to the parking lot will get your heart beating faster. We hiked on a cloudy, misty day so views were obscured, but we enjoyed the hike anyway. Turn this into a loop hike by returning on Mount Lemmon Trail #5, and also take in the short side trail to the Lemmon Rock lookout tower on the way back, one of the oldest fire lookout towers in the nation.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Beautiful hike. An easy stroll to an incredible view.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

A nice quiet trail. My 5 year-old and I were able to hike this and get some nice views southward of the city and the mountain below us. A really nice trail when the weather gets warm down in town.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

This short trail runs next the observatory for the first 200 yards, it's fenced off but still exciting to see. This is about as close to the summit as you can get. There is also a nice camping area about 1/4 mile into the trail with a couple fire pits.