Mormon Loop Trail

Mormon Loop Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

I don't ever get sick of this hike- it's one of my faves in Phx! You get an awesome workout in the beginning as you go up the face, and there are 2 spots where you can easily climb on boulders and take in amazing views of the city. It's particularly stunning at sunrise/sunset.
There is essentially no shade on the loop so it's really important to wear a hat/sunscreen & bring a lot of water...and I'd avoid this hike in the summer, unless you're going at sunrise.
This trail is really popular and can get crowded when the weather is nice but it definitely eases up once you get past the face and continue on the full loop. Highly recommend!

Did this on a hot afternoon in June and struggled. I consider myself an experienced hiker and able to take on a lot, but here I felt stretched. I carried plenty water but there simply is no shade on the trail so I didn get a nice workout but left completely exhausted. Next time I'll go early in the morning :)