Mormon Loop Trail

Mormon Loop Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My first hike. :) It was a bit hard for me. I had to take two breaks to make it through, but I made it.
I had to pull myself up in a few spots... maybe because I'm short..?

Good hike with nice view at top.

Very good workout. Poorly marked and although I am a beginner this must be borderline rated hard. Very technical footing with lots of rock and the way down if as difficult if more so than the climb.

Nice desert landscape and scenery. Besides the length, this trail is pretty easy.

This was a fun hike. Lots of people on the trail. There are some beautiful lookout points. Make sure to take plenty of water because there isn’t a lot of shade.

Great trail. Tunnel, fat man pass, scenery, Tempe views incredible.

a fun and easy trail for avid hikers. some beautiful views of the valley and cool rock formations.

Nice views of Phoenix. Little shade.

Cool views, dogs, and fat mans pass was pretty cool being in Phoenix in all!

It was pretty cool, lots to see!

Good trail for an after work hike. As others have mentioned the trail is not particularly difficult. My friend and I got a bit turned around when trying to take the Hidden Valley trail to National trail so be aware that section isn't particulalry well marked.

Other then that one of the better hikes I have done at South Mountain. Not too crowded and is on the easier side. Make sure you bring plenty of water as there is little shade.

One of the better trails I've found in the Phoenix area for trail running specifically, nice views and some decent elevation gain but nothing too difficult. There are some mountain bikers scattered across the route so you need to be aware but in general they are respectful and aren't bombing the trail blindly

definitely fun. multiple ups and downs. views were great.

When we hiked this trail, we were beginners, we considered it hard. We haven’t done it again though and we have been to holbert trail. If you are looking for solitude then this is NOT the place you want to be.

Great trail! Both challenging in some spots and easy in others! Great balanced hike.

Gorgeous views

Very good hike

Gives you the right amount of challenge!