Mormon Loop Trail

Mormon Loop Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

Love South Mountain for days when you have nothing to do but hike.

Fun route. Between easy and moderate. Just longer for the entire loop.

This mountain gets your heart rate up from your first few steps'. Love it!

The wash to the trail seems long but keep walking.

I took my 17 and 9 year old boys last weekend, and while they were able to hike it with no trouble I would still rate this as moderate since it's a steep incline/decline. The views of the Valley are AMAZING and we look forward to our next hike here!

I'd appreciate it if everyone would pick up after there pets but other than that pretty good short trail.

Great hike & great views! To start, parking lot was full and so was much of the on-street parking but we all found spots relatively quickly! Walking up, there was a mountain rescue going on (remember to be careful hiking) and we started up the Mormon Trail! Hiking with a cold made the climbs a bit difficult and it was steeper then I had expected but nevertheless, there were amazing views, tons of wildflowers and the top part of the loop was very pleasant and enjoyable! Overall, a great hike :)