Mormon Loop Trail

Mormon Loop Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great sunsets. Great happy hour!

Started at 48th st parking lot. Ended up being about 6 miles round trip from there. Moderate difficulty. Not busy, but it is June.

Great little hike. Go for it. Not difficult.

Starts with steep hill then flattens a little. Perfect for trail run! Last year when I ran in Spring there were lots of flowers and was very lively. This time (End of May) it was a little hot (I come from CA), but still it was fun!

awesome trail!

Great trails in the park! Typical desert hike- bring plenty of water. There are lots of splits in the trail, and it's easy to end up hiking further than intended, and risking running out. Carry extra for your pups, too!!

Yesterday I went only up. A lot of incline great work out. Was gonna do loop but decide to come back down. On warm morning and 1.3 mile incline is too much for me. Concern this as easy to moderate great sturdy rocks. Great view of Phoenix. Did total of 2.7 Miles

Beautiful views of the city. Stunning rock formations. Great trail but be ready to hike with lots of people! Very little shade.

Great workout and views! Loved it!

Didn’t see any dog poop that a few reviews mentioned. Bikers were courteous and I thought the trail was well- marked. Even without the All Trails app, I felt it the trail was very easy to follow and there were markers with M on them at places where the trail split.

It was hotter than we expected and I would definitely go earlier next time.

Although the area is nice, it is very poorly marked. We were out to do this trail with our and ended up getting lost and having to retrace our steps multiple times to get back on the trail. There are many trails that intercept and is easy to end up on the wrong one since there are few trail markers past the first mile. Luckily we were using this app and were able to get back on the trail. When all was said and done, we hiked well over 10 miles on what was supposed to be a 4.7 mile hike. Make sure you bring plenty of water and a charged phone

Nice hike. Good views on the valley. A lot! Of dog poop on trail. But would hike again.

Awesome awesome awesome trail. Absolutely beautiful terrain. Word of warning-about three minutes after you get to fat mans pass you will come to a big block in the trail, just know that you are going to have to squeeze through a pretty tight gap in the boulder and then slide down a big rock to get to the next part of the trail.

Fun short hike. Easy once you get up top. Can be crowded on the weekend. Lotsa different trails to choose from once you get to the top.

Great hike. Great for morning hours, as you are protected from the sun the first part of the hike for the most part.
Moderately hard. Parking can be tough on weekend.
Moderately travelled by peeps and pups.

My first hike. :) It was a bit hard for me. I had to take two breaks to make it through, but I made it.
I had to pull myself up in a few spots... maybe because I'm short..?

Good hike with nice view at top.

Very good workout. Poorly marked and although I am a beginner this must be borderline rated hard. Very technical footing with lots of rock and the way down if as difficult if more so than the climb.

Nice desert landscape and scenery. Besides the length, this trail is pretty easy.

This was a fun hike. Lots of people on the trail. There are some beautiful lookout points. Make sure to take plenty of water because there isn’t a lot of shade.

Great trail. Tunnel, fat man pass, scenery, Tempe views incredible.

a fun and easy trail for avid hikers. some beautiful views of the valley and cool rock formations.

Nice views of Phoenix. Little shade.

Cool views, dogs, and fat mans pass was pretty cool being in Phoenix in all!

It was pretty cool, lots to see!

Good trail for an after work hike. As others have mentioned the trail is not particularly difficult. My friend and I got a bit turned around when trying to take the Hidden Valley trail to National trail so be aware that section isn't particulalry well marked.

Other then that one of the better hikes I have done at South Mountain. Not too crowded and is on the easier side. Make sure you bring plenty of water as there is little shade.

One of the better trails I've found in the Phoenix area for trail running specifically, nice views and some decent elevation gain but nothing too difficult. There are some mountain bikers scattered across the route so you need to be aware but in general they are respectful and aren't bombing the trail blindly

definitely fun. multiple ups and downs. views were great.

When we hiked this trail, we were beginners, we considered it hard. We haven’t done it again though and we have been to holbert trail. If you are looking for solitude then this is NOT the place you want to be.