Mormon Loop to National Trail Loop is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

hiked up to the peak with my 12 yr old, nice views at the top and not too steep. Elevation at the peak before the loop is about 1959 ft, good workout for kids.

Did this hike a month ago and it was awesome!! Moderate difficulty, the hardest part is the incline in the beginning, but then it evens out for the rest of the hike. Moderate to highly trafficked at the beginning but felt the crowd thins out as you keep going. My friend and I went to the tunnel and Fat Man's pass, both were super fun to see. Got a little lost at one point trying to find the tunnel but easily found our way back. The views at the lookout points are incredible, you can see the entire valley. I would definitely say you could bring a beginner here. Most of the trail is in the sun. Also note there's a parking lot at the trailhead, but to access it, don't enter through the preserve's main entrance areas (just go directly from 24th or adjacent streets).

Moderate trail and decent workout. Nothing extraordinary to see, mostly the same terrain but I always recommend South Mountain in late winter to see the vegetation start blooming. Makes for a pretty hike but watch out for bees.

Wonderful Hike! We didn’t go to the Fat mans pass but did go to the tunnel. Saw the a gorgeous sunset on the way back on National to Javelina.

Good trail. Moderate to hard. Good to train with just enough hills. Good for MTB riding as well

great trail. beautiful view. I would do it again.

Usually prefer the forests of WA state, but this rocky trail won me over and it is a great spot for kids. Rock slides, Fat Man Pass, views, cactus all made it interesting from start to finish!

Great hike. Was closer to 6 miles but great views of the valley.

I've done this trail at least 52 times for sure! This is a great trail, love everything about this trail. Could have better parking but I always went on Monday's so it was fine.

Great views of the city. My Fitbit clocked it at about 7 miles. A real fun scale up, not rocky, and not strenuous.

My Girl and I wanted to do “Fatman’s Pass” off the Mormon Loop, but we couldn’t find it. We ended up taking a random trail down the side of the mountain before the trail turns south and loops back. It took us to a really nice neighborhood. We walked the wilderness behind the homes and saw a coyote! It was beautiful. However, I’m pretty sure we were trespassing, and we never found Fatman’s Pass.

Easy start to a more advanced hike

just did the mormon trail, great hike, will do the loop next time

Great hike with my mom and dog! will do it again.

Had a great time, not too difficult. Had two dogs with me, lab and Aussie mix. Had plenty of room for both. Trail wasn’t too crowded. Took about 45 min up, 35 down. Saw some kiddos on the trail as well.

Awesome for beginners. I live the views and all the different areas with shade. Great views. Wide trail.

One of my favorite trails- great views of PHX at sunset/sunrise. Moderately difficult.

Great trail. Gets a lot of use but everyone is courteous.

Solid hike and a great workout as there are some steep inclines at times. Incredible views of downtown Phoenix, Sky Harbor Airport, and the rest of the metro area.

Great trail. Good mix of moderately steep and flat. Great views as with most South Mountain trails.

I love this trail! Great workout!

It was fun we had a group ranging from ages 41-9 years old. It was difficult to go up but easy to come down. We went off a little to the Hidden Valley tunnel then walked back down. Overall a fun hike, would say that it’s about moderately difficult

Scenic trail with a good combination of uphill and downhill sections throughout. Not well marked in a couple places and it would be easy to end up on another spur. Enjoyable otherwise!

Great sunsets. Great happy hour!

Started at 48th st parking lot. Ended up being about 6 miles round trip from there. Moderate difficulty. Not busy, but it is June.

Great little hike. Go for it. Not difficult.

Starts with steep hill then flattens a little. Perfect for trail run! Last year when I ran in Spring there were lots of flowers and was very lively. This time (End of May) it was a little hot (I come from CA), but still it was fun!

awesome trail!

Great trails in the park! Typical desert hike- bring plenty of water. There are lots of splits in the trail, and it's easy to end up hiking further than intended, and risking running out. Carry extra for your pups, too!!

Yesterday I went only up. A lot of incline great work out. Was gonna do loop but decide to come back down. On warm morning and 1.3 mile incline is too much for me. Concern this as easy to moderate great sturdy rocks. Great view of Phoenix. Did total of 2.7 Miles