Miller Canyon Trail

Miller Canyon Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hereford, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

We did this hike a few years ago. Nice canyon. I think we saw one other person that day that was it. I have hiked over here quite a bit, but had never taken this trail. We were trying for Miller peak, but when we got to the crest trail at the top of Miller Canyon, the wind was ridiculous. Again, to many nice days to hike than have to tolerate that kind of wind. There were some sketchy spots of snow along the trail beyond too that we didn't feel like sliding down. So we turned around and headed back down. Good trail up through the canyon though.

This is a great trail to hike in December. I only made it 3/4 of the way before it started to get dark I had to turn around. The temperature also was noticeably cooler as I went up the mountain. Come prepared with a fleece!

Nice hike. The weather can be 100% different at summit so prepare accordingly.

A really nice trail,one of the best so far...well marked & fun!!

Awesome trail. There were a couple spots that were steep but worth the scenery at the top.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Friday, March 11, 2016

Sunday, March 06, 2016

It was really fun!! I took my two year old so it was a little challenging and we didn't get very far. Even though we only went about 2 miles in there were some great views!! There are some washes you have to go through but there are well worn trails that take you right through them.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Very nice trail but snow in February prevented us from going to the peak. Beyond the intersection with crest trail head the trail was covered in white we lost it after a creek passing and had to turn around. Recommended

Friday, January 22, 2016

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Great trek; wear jeans and bring plenty of water. Also, during the summer you need to watch out for the rattlesnakes. They tend to avoid us, but every once in awhile you'll find one on the trail. Just keep your ears open.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Best Hummingbird location in the world.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Didn't quite complete this one and make it to the peak, but hiked on it twice with the furthest going about 4-5 miles. Nice hike, the vegetation changes are really interesting. It's pretty shaded most of the way so not a bad one to do in the summer. Watch out for losing the trail as it crosses the stream, I've almost done that twice now.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

The beginning of this trail is kindof different, winding uphill of a house with weird sounding animals. Then the trail gets into the woods and is really nice. There are a few places where the trail is washed out, but it just makes it more exciting. We only made it about half way up (2.5 miles) and the sun went down and got a little chilly. We'll make it the rest of the way and update this review in a few days. There are a few trails that branch off, and I'm not certain which one is which, but they're probably all good trails. Nice little parking lot at the trailhead.