Miller Canyon Trail

Miller Canyon Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hereford, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice, but tough trail! Right now it has some vegetation making parts of the trail hard to follow.

This is NOT a moderate hike - definitely strenuous with steep uphill grades, 20% at times. Especially if you continue on to Miller Peak. The trail is easy to follow though.The steepest part is the mile after the boiler up to the crest trail. On the positive side, it's definitely the most forested/shaded trail in the Huachucas. 12 miles up and back to the peak and 4,000 ft of elevation gain. The creek is running and so is tub springs.

Took on Miller Canyon last week. It was definitely tougher than I thought. couldn't get to the last 2 miles due to weather that moved in. But 8 miles total for the round trip was plenty. Great trail with tons of steady elevation through out, nice vegetation and well tended trail way. Recommend if you get a very early start during monsoon (July/August), otherwise afternoon weather will interrupt your hike.

We did this hike a few years ago. Nice canyon. I think we saw one other person that day that was it. I have hiked over here quite a bit, but had never taken this trail. We were trying for Miller peak, but when we got to the crest trail at the top of Miller Canyon, the wind was ridiculous. Again, to many nice days to hike than have to tolerate that kind of wind. There were some sketchy spots of snow along the trail beyond too that we didn't feel like sliding down. So we turned around and headed back down. Good trail up through the canyon though.

This is a great trail to hike in December. I only made it 3/4 of the way before it started to get dark I had to turn around. The temperature also was noticeably cooler as I went up the mountain. Come prepared with a fleece!

Monday, October 24, 2016

Nice hike. The weather can be 100% different at summit so prepare accordingly.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

A really nice trail,one of the best so far...well marked & fun!!

Friday, August 12, 2016

Awesome trail. There were a couple spots that were steep but worth the scenery at the top.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Friday, March 11, 2016

Sunday, March 06, 2016

It was really fun!! I took my two year old so it was a little challenging and we didn't get very far. Even though we only went about 2 miles in there were some great views!! There are some washes you have to go through but there are well worn trails that take you right through them.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Very nice trail but snow in February prevented us from going to the peak. Beyond the intersection with crest trail head the trail was covered in white we lost it after a creek passing and had to turn around. Recommended

Friday, January 22, 2016