Milagrosa- Canyon Trail is a 8.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,833 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Popular mountain bike trail. Highly technical with rocks and barbed wire just inches away. Saguaro cactus forest. All but experts will walk some. Avoid in summer.

Nice hike, not too challenging but a good mix of up and down. Good views of the canyon as you hike. The trail just ends when it meets with the Arizona Trail so there's no final view. Overall a good hike!

Fun trail run! Good challenge on the way up and nice jog on the way down. Saw some deer. Loose rocks coming down.

I liked this trail - it's more of a the journey is the destination as the end point is magnanimous. Overall views are nice, elevation is gradual. Add an extra half mile onto the total to get to the actual trail head from the parking area. Wasn't much going on in the way of wildlife during my hike - I did see a velvet ant, and a saguaro that had a golden arm. Follow my instagram for more adventures @julie_journeys

Had a nice time, there is water running throughout the trail, birds, and flowers. It was a little busy, a lot of mountain bikers.

private property

super easy to follow trail and looks well suited for mountain biking. definitely worth checking out the canyon below, lots of water. can get down easily on a side trail that connects to agua caliente hill trail about 1/2 way through. imo it wasn’t worth going all the way to the end at az trail. stopping at the metal gate would have been better. distance aside, this trail is moderate. beautiful hike, great views of the canyon, but it does take some distance to feel like you’re really out in nature.

Great Trail for dogs. Get out to the trail early to avoid people. Beautiful views and WATER !

Beautiful scenery, and a well maintained path. I would definitely recommend this hike!

Great trail, more moderate than hard. Beautiful views, would do this hike again!

Very nice hike! I would not say it’s hard, just longer(if you hike frequently, or have cardio). There aren’t any signs, but I used all trails to record. Kept me on track!

Nice challenging trail. This trail starts in a private neighborhood. You will have to park along side the road before the gate. You will walk approximately 8/10 of a mile and then you will see a metal gate. Go past the gate and cross the river, that is where the trail starts.

Actually more like 6 miles to parking. Beautiful winter time hike. Will definitely do again. Challenging. Lots of water from snow melt. Bring an extra pair of shoes for the ride home!

Started at 2 pm - pretty late - finished at 6:45 and needed head lamp on Dec. 23. Not especially hard - more moderate. Easy to follow trail.

Excellent Day hike went back to the Arizona Trail Junction water running in the canyons waterfalls we're awesome I can't imagine doing this may through September just too exposed.

This is a great trail, easy to follow. Got rained on for the last half mile. Was amazing watching the rain clouds come in and gave us a nice breeze and blocked that intense sun for us!

Sun May 26 2019

It was a great hike! I went two weeks ago and all the cacti were flowering. It was gorgeous! You do have to walk an extra .5 mile each way to and from the trail due to no access to the trail, but that’s no biggie. Definitely recommend.

Sat Mar 30 2019

Thu Mar 21 2019

I would recommend this trail to anyone who wants a challenge on a beautiful, tough trail with great views of both the Canyon and Tucson in the far distance. About two miles in, there is an off shoot to the right, to make a loop back down to the trailhead. We took that. Total distance was a little over 8mi, and about 1400 ft in elevation. During this wet Winter, we crossed the stream 6 times, full with cold run off (mid-March 2019). Gorgeous. Highly recommend this trail + loop.

Thu Jan 31 2019

Great trail run. It would be quite nice if the dog owners cleaned up after their wards. Placing excrement in a doggy bag and leaving it out in nature isn't exactly the point.

Sun Jan 06 2019

We did this hike in the summer initially and we couldn't finish it, it's very sun exposed. That should be one of the features. We decided to redo this trail a few days ago, and it was absolutely beautiful. There was recent rain and snowfall, so the Agua Caliente hill was covered in snow. As we descended further into the canyon, there was light snowfall on the trail. At the end where the trail meets the AZT, there was a grove with GRASS and small waterfalls and ponds. It was beautiful! Such a great surprise. Loved it.

Tue Jan 01 2019

This is a great hike. It's challenging and beautiful. It used to be my favorite in Tucson. Too bad the dog owners are ruining it by not keeping their dogs on a leash and letting them poop wherever they feel like it. I wish they would ban dogs from this trail, since the owners cannot manage to follow the rules or clean up after them.

Sun Dec 09 2018

This was a good one, we saw mountain climbers and had great views. We also found the abandoned house. We took our dogs and really had a great time. In the beginning you walk through a really nice neighborhood and you meet the trail at the end of the black top road. ...

Sat Feb 03 2018

Hot and very exposed. Only went 3 miles because dogs started to over heat. Will definitely come back early a.m. and complete the entire trail.

Tue Jan 30 2018

Great trail and fun hike! I have completed portions of the trail previously when hiking the Agua Caliente Loop. Today, my dog and I hiked the Arizona Trail from Molino Basin and connected to the end of the Milagrosa Trail. Fantastic views of the canyons. We went off the trail a few times to sit on the boulders along the canyon walls. Didn't see any other hikers but did get startled by a Mountain Biker. Well definitely do this trail again!

Sat Oct 21 2017

What an awesome trail!!! Hard and steep in various spots but some really easy areas!! Great views from every spot. I will definitely do this trail again!! 10 miles after a two week off the trails feels good. First time hiking with my new hiking friends and loved it!!

Thu Apr 06 2017

Great hike. So far, seems like a new hike each time. Different and challenging areas and a fantastic view!

Mon Apr 03 2017

Take Snyder east past soldier trail and turn north up avenida de suzeno where there's area to park. From here, walk past the gate and down horse head- the trail head is an the end of the road. I clocked 10 miles with the little extra walking for a total of 3 hrs 40 mins not counting pictures at the end. Take a left at the first fork. It was mostly dry today but the views of the canyon were nice on the way up. Plus I got to explore areas I imagine are usually running with water. The trail is mostly smooth with some rocky areas. Plenty of elevation gain. Saw a couple hikers and mountain bikers. Overall very nice!