Mesquite Canyon Trail

Mesquite Canyon Trail is a 10 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Waddell, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There is a $6 per vehicle park fee.

Very scenic, loved it.

Good if you're looking for a long but fairly easy trail (for the somewhat experienced). It was about 50% gorgeous views, and 50% kinda boring nature walk. The beauty is worth the "bad" though. Especially the narrow cliff above the creek. Would do again, just not often.

Long hike but great trails and good views

Did the Mesquite canyon today. Great work out and friendly hikers along the way. Will definitely do again.

I love this trail. It offers good incline but once you get about 2 miles in, it's flat for a loooooong time. Beautiful though!

Took my 12 and 14 year old and the dog and we may not made the hole loop but absolutely loved it. It's super fun and we will definitely go again

Nice trail. I was gonna do the loop,make the wrong turn...lol

Great hike this morning, very quiet. Deer, geckos, squirrels and quail. Not more than 10 other hikers...

an early start or cloudy day is important as shade is minimal.
Nice loop, we did counterclockwise because we like steeper ups to save knees.

this was my first full trail hike at white tanks. i would definitely recommend this to anyone.

As a beginning hiker, I enjoyed this trail. Def recommend and will go back once it gets cooler. Started at 8:30am was not quite early enough to beat the sun

Wouldn't really consider this hike "hard", just really long. The trail was very easy to follow, beautiful at the beginning and the end, but a little dull in the middle. Some loose rock and a few narrow spots, but nothing even beginners couldn't handle with good shoes and a little balance.

loved this trail, certainly challenged me.

Ran the trail for the first time this past Sunday morning. Definitley a challenging little run. A lot of great views. Highly recommend. Not as challenging as I would have like and no summits but still a great hike.

Be sure to enough water. There's a nice hidden spot with running water!

Wonderful hike!

This trail is a great day hike and workout. The incline is steady so it's challenging, but not strenuous. The views are nice and the trail is very well kept and clear. You may come across some large lizards called chuckwallas. They're harmless and very cool to see! I can understand why some people may get confused with the signage, as the trail does fork a couple times. I suggest having the AllTrails app recording and checking it when you aren't sure where to go.

The trail is a really nice trail. Awesome views and a good workout for anyone wanting a challenge. Well worth the $6. The only complaint I have is how their lack of mile-markers and maps throughout the trail. We somehow got mixed up and our "8.1 mile" hike became a 12.4 mile one. I wish they would make the signs more hiker friendly.....

This was our first time in the White Tanks. $6 per vehicle park fee, but it was well worth it. Great trail and views. MapMyFitness logged it as 8.77 miles, while AllTrails logged 8.1.

Beautiful. Good workout, but not too hard.