Mesquite Canyon Trail

Mesquite Canyon Trail is a 9.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Waddell, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There is a $6 per vehicle park fee.

Usually very crowded for the first mile and a half but gets better after that. not sure why this is listed as hard, it's mostly smooth and, after the initial mile climb, just a gently rolling path. if you pay attention there is a good chance of seeing mule deer and javalina.

The trial is moderate not difficult. Take your time and enjoy the view and wildlife.

Saw a few lizards and a small snake along the trail, cool views and a good hike that’s not too strenuous but a good climb. We recorded 8.3 miles on the loop.

Long hike but I clocked it just under 7.5 miles. Gorgeous views for the most part. Ran into a herd of mule deer on Willow canyon trail. Glad I did the loop counter clockwise. Love this park! Trail had zero trash on it! Will return to attempt goat camp next time!

Very scenic, loved it.

Good if you're looking for a long but fairly easy trail (for the somewhat experienced). It was about 50% gorgeous views, and 50% kinda boring nature walk. The beauty is worth the "bad" though. Especially the narrow cliff above the creek. Would do again, just not often.

Long hike but great trails and good views

Did the Mesquite canyon today. Great work out and friendly hikers along the way. Will definitely do again.

I love this trail. It offers good incline but once you get about 2 miles in, it's flat for a loooooong time. Beautiful though!

Took my 12 and 14 year old and the dog and we may not made the hole loop but absolutely loved it. It's super fun and we will definitely go again

Nice trail. I was gonna do the loop,make the wrong turn...lol

Great hike this morning, very quiet. Deer, geckos, squirrels and quail. Not more than 10 other hikers...

an early start or cloudy day is important as shade is minimal.
Nice loop, we did counterclockwise because we like steeper ups to save knees.

this was my first full trail hike at white tanks. i would definitely recommend this to anyone.

As a beginning hiker, I enjoyed this trail. Def recommend and will go back once it gets cooler. Started at 8:30am was not quite early enough to beat the sun

Wouldn't really consider this hike "hard", just really long. The trail was very easy to follow, beautiful at the beginning and the end, but a little dull in the middle. Some loose rock and a few narrow spots, but nothing even beginners couldn't handle with good shoes and a little balance.

loved this trail, certainly challenged me.

Ran the trail for the first time this past Sunday morning. Definitley a challenging little run. A lot of great views. Highly recommend. Not as challenging as I would have like and no summits but still a great hike.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Be sure to enough water. There's a nice hidden spot with running water!

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Wonderful hike!

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

This trail is a great day hike and workout. The incline is steady so it's challenging, but not strenuous. The views are nice and the trail is very well kept and clear. You may come across some large lizards called chuckwallas. They're harmless and very cool to see! I can understand why some people may get confused with the signage, as the trail does fork a couple times. I suggest having the AllTrails app recording and checking it when you aren't sure where to go.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

The trail is a really nice trail. Awesome views and a good workout for anyone wanting a challenge. Well worth the $6. The only complaint I have is how their lack of mile-markers and maps throughout the trail. We somehow got mixed up and our "8.1 mile" hike became a 12.4 mile one. I wish they would make the signs more hiker friendly.....

Monday, April 17, 2017

This was our first time in the White Tanks. $6 per vehicle park fee, but it was well worth it. Great trail and views. MapMyFitness logged it as 8.77 miles, while AllTrails logged 8.1.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Beautiful. Good workout, but not too hard.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Went out for a sunrise trek / day hike, and was not disappointed with the trails. The wildlife, scenery and views have made this a fast favorite of ours.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Loved this trail!

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Great trail for a good workout and a pleasant hike

Thursday, February 16, 2017

This is a great trail with great views. Willow Spring is interesting especially if the water is flowing. Really liked this hike and trails are well kept and dog friendly. Not far from the city I live and you feel like you are a long way from home.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017