Merkle Memorial Trail

Merkle Memorial Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from November until April.

Looped path, nice views. Very easy stroll

Super easy and relaxing.

i had fun with this one with what appeared going off the usual trail sitting atop my own mountain, trail running and steep climb is my experience, would do again its near my home

Super easy. Great for kids.

Man was stung 1000 times and died.

Great hike under the moonlight and kid/Stroller friendly.

Our second hike. The loop was nice and easy. Going over the top wasn't tough, but it did get us breathing a little harder. Great view of the valley from the top.

I love this loop. My girlfriend and I go over the Vista trail then run around the Merkle then back over the Vista .Pretty easy.

Hiked this with my grandmother. It was perfect for her because it was completely flat and there were plenty of benches along the path so she could stop and rest when she needed to. I believe it is also wheelchair and stroller accessible, though it is not paved. Lots and lots of cacti around. Go clockwise around the loop for the best views.