Merkle Memorial Trail

Merkle Memorial Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from November until April.

I picked 4-star since it was the perfect easy hike for some family who was in town that has a bit of mobility issues. They liked it since it felt like they were hiking in Arizona but it was flat enough that it was easy on their bodies. For my husband and even some of the younger kids in the group (as well as our chihuahua that goes hiking with us often) it was too easy for us so if you want to add a little bit of adventure to it but that's still easy, add the vista trail that connects to both ends and goes up and over. The kids loved it.

Nice short hike. Views at the top of the hill. Begining this hike we were able to spot a Gila Monster and get a few pictures. My kids thought this was really cool.

Looped path, nice views. Very easy stroll

Super easy and relaxing.

i had fun with this one with what appeared going off the usual trail sitting atop my own mountain, trail running and steep climb is my experience, would do again its near my home

Super easy. Great for kids.

Man was stung 1000 times and died.

Monday, March 07, 2016

Monday, January 11, 2016

Great hike under the moonlight and kid/Stroller friendly.