Meridian Trail

Meridian Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Meridian trail allows access to Usery Mountain Regional Park from a small trailhead on the west side of Meridian road in Apache Junction. The Meridian trail ends at the Blevins trail. At this point you can return to the trailhead for a 1.8 mile hike or forge further into the park.

Nice hike once u get to the mountain . Pretty much a walk in the park for the first half mile. I actually went alone and got lost because to me the trail went in to a wash and I ended up doing bulldog saddle and returned to mediation trail. I ran out of water because my trip was only supposed to be easy-going and then when I got lost I had to ask people for water unfortunately no one had water to spare until I had to retrace my step because I lost my keys but, I was safe and still looking for my keys .

This is my opinion.. it’s a beautiful hike. Actually, I would not even call it a hike but a walk in the desert. My mom who is 71 found this trail very easy since there is little elevation; after we finished the whole loop, she wanted to do a bulldog saddle and pass mountain trail loop

over all a good hike. can get long if it is very hot. Not a beginner walk if making the full loop. Bicycle rider's do not follow good trail ettique.

I’d give this a 4.5 if I could because I thought this was one of the prettier trails that I’ve been on! The only reason that it doesn’t get a 5 is because I wanted a little bit more of an uphill hike. It’s definitely flat. And I don’t think it should be rated as moderate, it’s easy. Overall a great trail that I’ll probably return to!

Love it!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easy, not moderate. Well-marked. But no shade!!

Monday, March 27, 2017

It was a great trail. Easy to hike.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Liked location close to town! Ok

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Very nice trail. Easy. We also did The Blevins loops. Good hike.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Easy to navigate and well marked. The Meridian Trail is really only the south boundary of the map shown. To follow the entire map, as shown, you need to also follow Blevins and the south section of Pass Mountain trail and portions of Meridian Rd. We did Meridian from Meridian Rd and the Blevins trail back around to Meridian. 4.9 miles of mostly flat trail. Nice escape for a little while, but definitely rated easy not moderate. Very scenic.

Monday, January 09, 2017

I'm giving this 2 stars only Bc it is listed as moderate... really? It's a walking trail. I was hoping for a little
More incline. It was a great 5 Mile walk.

Thursday, December 29, 2016

This was an easy hike. We hiked for 6.2 miles via Meridian, Pass Mountain, Cat Peaks and Blevins, back to Meridian to make the 6.2 mile loop. Great place for hiking if you have difficulty with elevation gain. Great for kids, mountain biking too! Enjoyed this hike... great views too!

Sunday, October 23, 2016

The road to the trail head is a little rough but can be done in a car if your careful and slow. I agree with others I would not take a non 4x4 back here after rain. The hike is great not too strenuous, lots of great mountain views.
Here is a link to the 4 part video series I made for this trail. More hikes to come soon.
Meridian Trail (Bailey, Colorado): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo0ve7COZT-5qv4TyYDdmik3eLUsjyXCZ

Monday, September 26, 2016

A nice, easy trail integrated with Blevins and Pass Mountain that's sure to give you a thorough workout.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Match 13 we stared the hike at the trailhead on meridian Syreet at Hermosa View road. The meridian trail leads to Belvin which is actually the loop part.
Lots of bikes,a few horses. Pleasant walk in the desert.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Easy walk on well groomed trails. Great desert scenery and views of the Superstitions.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Very fun hike with decent elevation gain and delightful views of the valley as you ascend.

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Fairly easy desert trail, lots of horses!!

Monday, December 01, 2014

There are several trails that branch off. It is a nice medium trail for biking. We did have to get off periodically to navigate a particularly rocky spot in the trail. We had a mixed-age group. Overall it as fun, but the youngest foud it a little too difficult.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014