Learn more

Meridian and Pass Mountain Loop is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 5.3 mi Elevation gain 262 ft Route type Loop

Wildlife

Rocky

Description
Waypoints (0)

The Meridian trail allows access to Usery Mountain Regional Park from a small trailhead on the west side of Meridian road in Apache Junction. The Meridian trail ends at the Blevins trail. At this point you can return to the trailhead for a 1.8 mile hike or forge further into the park.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (110)
Photos (358)
Recordings (110)
Completed (271)
Ivy Kusler
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 2, 2020
Running

Great break from the pavement for a run. The 2nd half is super rocky so I had to run pretty slow but overall a great trail run and a great workout. I went out at 5:30 am and was able to avoid the sun most of the run. I will be back for more trail training.

Janeth Jc
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 8, 2020
RunningNo shade

it was ok but definitely not a trail I would be crazy to come back to it was boring .... maybe too easy it was flat not a lot to see guess this was better then running in the park bring lots of water !!!! the sun is brutal nowhere to hide from it !

Janeth Jc
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 27, 2020
RunningNo shade
Ray Hill
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 9, 2020
Hiking

Nice easy relaxing trails. Very scenic and well maintained. A few mountain bikers to spoil things but other than that very nice. I recommend starting from the meridian trail head because it is well posted from that end.

Diane Marlatt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 7, 2020
HikingNo shade

Bulldog and Pass Mountain Trail, deviated from established route, trail via Blevins Trail to Pass Mountain Trail, quick trip up to Comfort Station, hiked to Cat's Peak, had snack on top, retraced our steps and headed for car. Length : 7 miles  Hike type: Loop Elevation gain: 531 ft Rating: Moderate  Location: End of Meridian parking lot, hike clockwise. Approximately 2.5 hours

Christina Brownlee
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 16, 2020
Horseback riding

Nice trail for horses very scenic and not too steep. There is a section that had a huge incline had to hop off and walk them down but otherwise really nice.

Jim Jim Clock
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 27, 2020
Hiking

Meridian trailhead left on CL to RD. Go clockwise around CP to MD for a 4.8 mi hike.

Cee Kay
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 19, 2020
Hiking

Nice trail. Not too difficult for a novice. Only thing I didn’t care for was the short walk on the road to pick the park path back up. I came as the sun was rising, so only passed a handful of folks on Blevins. No one was on first 3 miles of the trek.

View Cee's Recording
Patrick Murphy
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 30, 2019
Hiking

Nice trail. Flat but decent scenery. I am not sure why it is rated moderate, pretty simple and smooth trail.

View Patrick's Recording
Earle Collum
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 11, 2019
Hiking

Very cool and quiet trail!!

View Earle's Recording
Dustin Frye
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 27, 2019
Hiking

It’s a nice trail, I hiked it with a friend. A few benches along the way to sit at and rest.

Sheri Amatucci
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 22, 2019
HikingRocky

Fun walk for a rookie. Lots of places to rest going up or down.

Cathy Lujan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 13, 2019
Mountain biking

Fun easy ride on the mountain bikes. There are sections that are narrow so you need to yield to hikers.

Audrey Jescheling
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 9, 2019
HikingMuddyNo shade
View Audrey's Recording
Linda Jean Fenner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 16, 2018
Hiking

Nice 5.3 mile easy hike....tricky as no “Meridian Trail” markers so use AllTrails GPS to stay on.

Rune Espenhein
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 5, 2018
Hiking

Decent tour of the park if you only want to pay the discounted entry fee.

Katrina Benton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 28, 2018

Nice hike once u get to the mountain . Pretty much a walk in the park for the first half mile. I actually went alone and got lost because to me the trail went in to a wash and I ended up doing bulldog saddle and returned to mediation trail. I ran out of water because my trip was only supposed to be easy-going and then when I got lost I had to ask people for water unfortunately no one had water to spare until I had to retrace my step because I lost my keys but, I was safe and still looking for my keys .

Valentina Fitch
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 16, 2018

This is my opinion.. it’s a beautiful hike. Actually, I would not even call it a hike but a walk in the desert. My mom who is 71 found this trail very easy since there is little elevation; after we finished the whole loop, she wanted to do a bulldog saddle and pass mountain trail loop

Dale Storey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 10, 2018

over all a good hike. can get long if it is very hot. Not a beginner walk if making the full loop. Bicycle rider's do not follow good trail ettique.

Jessica Rainey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 17, 2017

I’d give this a 4.5 if I could because I thought this was one of the prettier trails that I’ve been on! The only reason that it doesn’t get a 5 is because I wanted a little bit more of an uphill hike. It’s definitely flat. And I don’t think it should be rated as moderate, it’s easy. Overall a great trail that I’ll probably return to!

Dayton S.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 15, 2017

Love it!

Court N.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 16, 2017
Hiking

Easy, not moderate. Well-marked. But no shade!!

Michael Glantz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 27, 2017

It was a great trail. Easy to hike.

Andrea George
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 15, 2017

Liked location close to town! Ok

Diane Rochette
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 22, 2017
Hiking

Very nice trail. Easy. We also did The Blevins loops. Good hike.

Debbie Lee
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 15, 2017
Hiking

Easy to navigate and well marked. The Meridian Trail is really only the south boundary of the map shown. To follow the entire map, as shown, you need to also follow Blevins and the south section of Pass Mountain trail and portions of Meridian Rd. We did Meridian from Meridian Rd and the Blevins trail back around to Meridian. 4.9 miles of mostly flat trail. Nice escape for a little while, but definitely rated easy not moderate. Very scenic.

Jessica Brady
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 9, 2017

I'm giving this 2 stars only Bc it is listed as moderate... really? It's a walking trail. I was hoping for a little More incline. It was a great 5 Mile walk.

Jackie Kunkel
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 29, 2016
Hiking

This was an easy hike. We hiked for 6.2 miles via Meridian, Pass Mountain, Cat Peaks and Blevins, back to Meridian to make the 6.2 mile loop. Great place for hiking if you have difficulty with elevation gain. Great for kids, mountain biking too! Enjoyed this hike... great views too!

One Sun Chaser
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 23, 2016
Hiking

The road to the trail head is a little rough but can be done in a car if your careful and slow. I agree with others I would not take a non 4x4 back here after rain. The hike is great not too strenuous, lots of great mountain views. Here is a link to the 4 part video series I made for this trail. More hikes to come soon. Meridian Trail (Bailey, Colorado): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo0ve7COZT-5qv4TyYDdmik3eLUsjyXCZ