Marcos de Niza & Pima

Marcos de Niza & Pima is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from October until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 331 feet Route Type: Loop

I took Marcos de Niza on a recommendation, and ended up adding the Pima loop because the original was too short for a good workout. Lots of little rocky areas, great lower body exercise! I completed this in right about an hour at sunset - beats cardio on the treadmill, I'll definitely do this one again!

Easier than I thought... of you take the straight away trail from the get go you’ll warm up for the incline... there is a part that is restricted but the main trail will get you around it.

Trail is being revegitated.

Some parts of this trail are best suited for a mountain goat. Good hike but more treacherous than moderate.

2 times, with 5 burpees every 5 minutes.

Nice short hike with some elevation gain/drop and a steep but very doable scramble at the end before the loop! took my 4 yr old who did fine but needed some help course.

twice with 10 push ups every 5 minutes.

Twice, no vest. 3 min-10 squat

Yassss Queen

This was a pretty nice shorter hike. I am a beginner-moderate hiker and this one is definitely a nice workout. I haven’t seen many reviews mention that there is a rock climb. Be aware of that. If you are a beginner or have difficulty with mild-moderate climbs this may be a little challenging. I was with my fiancé so luckily he was able to grab my hand and help me up as climbs aren’t my strong point. The climb is right after a split on the trail right before you hit peak elevation. They both meet at the trail so you can take whichever climb looks easier for you. View is pretty at the top. On the way down it’s a little bit of a scramble. Some loose rocks as well. Overall a nice workout and a little more challenging than the average easy hike.

This trail is a great trail! There’s a lot of scrambling involved and a bit of a rock climb but it’s fairly easy. Might be a bit challenging to new hikers though if you’re not use to scrambling. Would recommend this trail.

Hiked with Helen

Beautiful!

My son loved this hike, he's 2 1/2 and it was an easy hike for him. I love how short and scenic it is. I recommend this to anyone ❤

Moderate hike. Just started up hiking again so I had a great work out. Trail is well marked.

One of my favorites! Not too long, so you can almost always squeeze a hike in!

I hiked this with three of my kids ages 7, 9 and 11. We are beginning hikers and this was doable for us. Challenging enough to let us push through with grit and make us feel proud of ourselves at the end, which is what I wanted. Nice views! Lots of loose rocks and gravelly areas, some scrambling in the steeper moments. Will definitely do again!

Fun trail! We took our 12 year old and had fun climbing the hills!

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Nice trail without a huge time commitment.

Monday, May 07, 2018

My favorite trail.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Great hike in the morning with a dog before the heat sets in. Bring plenty of water, there are a lot of side trail options to extend the hike. ** Stopped when we saw a puppy and an owner with no water-- HYDRATE YOUR PUPS! I brought a full gallon for myself and one dog, just to be safe. The heat was already setting in at 8:30 am! **

Monday, April 09, 2018

The first trail I did in Arizona great introduction to dessert hiking

Saturday, April 07, 2018

The trail is rated easy but there are a few hard parts. All in all, it’s easy. There are a bunch of scenic areas along the hike. I took a different route (the west loop) and then came back on another trail. It was a total of 2.1 miles and I did it in about 55 minutes. I recommend this trail. I arrived around 8:00 am and there was not a lot of parking as all the spots were taken but there were a lot of people leaving at this time which opened up the parking a lot.

Saturday, December 30, 2017

nice views on the Marcos de Niza trail.