L.V. Yates to "Two Bit" Peak Loop

L.V. Yates to "Two Bit" Peak Loop is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Tempe take hwy 51 North. Exit on Shea blvd and turn right for about 2 to 3 miles. Then turn right again on 40th st and go to the end as it ends on the trailhead.

2 minutes ago

Awesome Sunrise Hike Today❣️Amazing Incline Workout-Hard Hike to Summit but so rewarding with great views of Camel Back, Squaw Peak, etc.....bathrooms on site and plenty of parking, no charge!

Great trail with a nice shadow cast in the mornings on most of the trail. Clean and well kept with the trail being made from Lois rocks most of the way. Great for myself and my family (dog included).

Another of my go-to trails when I can't drive far. Dixie Peak offers such a lovely 360 view.

Not too bad of a workout. I would say this is a little more of a moderate trail. I hiked up to the top with my thick, chubby one year old in my kid carrier without too much excursion and I'm not the most fit guy out there. I would definitely suggest a good pair of hiking shoes as there is an abundance of loose rock and jagged, technical terrain the closer you get to the summit. The stickiness of my Vibram outsole was a difference maker, especially going back down with an extra 40 pounds on my back.

This is my “go to” trail because it’s just under an hour round-trip and it’s a good workout. Plus, it’s never crowded. Depending on when you go, the parking lot could be crowded, but that is mostly because of the mountain bikers who use the other trails. You never see a crowd on this trail. There is definitely a lot of loose rock, so you have to pay attention. And, the 1st mile or so is somewhat flat and somewhat boring. But, after that it becomes a lot more interesting. And, once you get to the top, the views are spectacular! Also, it’s a very friendly trail. Almost everyone you meet will greet you with a warm hello.

Arrived shortly after opening and had the trail to myself until almost the top. Good workout but way too rocky for me given my tendency to roll my ankle. A little more busy on the way down but still only passed about 15 hikers. Parking lot was full when I finished. Minus the rocks, a good alternative to the crowds at Piestewa.

Spent a little time on the 8, L.V. Yates, today. Started on 304 east, up and over the mountain and then down onto the 8. Essentially a flat trail with few tricks,i t does trail way off out of Piestewa Peak Park, eventually to 2 Bit Peak and 100, Charles M. Christensen. Today I just hiked for a ways, a few miles, then turned around and went back. A pleasant hike.

Good workout and great views of the valley from the peak. Watch your footing if you are not accustomed to rocks.

Very rocky trail, it is only moderately difficult in my opinion.

Extremely beautiful area, easy to miss turns on trail though. Ended up back tracking to find the right spot. Climb is tougher towards the the last half mile, had to climb switchbacks to get to the two bit summit.

Great trail, awesome incline towards the peak. Lots of loose rock but almost no crowd! Great views of the whole valley. Parked on Tatum and used trail 100 to meet with the trail to the peak.

Nice short challenging trail.

Good hike for moderate experience hiker. great views all the way up. gets steep from sadle to peak. well worth the effort.

Best trail in the valley to time and push yourself consistently. Great walking warm up then basically straight up the mountain. Not many people even on the weekend are on the actually peak trail. Can be difficult at times and no flat walking areas once you start up the mountain. Never had issue with parking. Loose rock for much of the hike which does get annoying. Can do as beginner or expert.

A great trail!

Great trail for beginners to experienced trail runners. Most hikers here are from the surrounding neighborhood and are very aware of their trail ettiqute. Can be very technical but manageable for inexperienced hiker. Always a great alternative when Piestawa and Camelback are packed.

I have been hiking this one for years great people and lots of dogs on leash .40 min to the top!Do wear good hiking boots lots of loose rocks.Great views!

tough on with all the smaller rockers.

I only give this a 3 because I am comparing it to the McDowell mountain trails that I usually do. Loose rock so make sure you wear good shoes! Mostly wash rock. Great workout up and pretty good views at the top.

Camelback was packed so I came here instead. Was not disappointed. 1 hour car to car.

I very much enjoy this hike and the beautiful views. The terrain is steep in some areas and there is quite a bit of loose rock which makes the trail a little tough.

Great 360 degree views of the Valley.

good short climb with great views from the top. a bit of loose gravel in spots but not bad.

enjoyed the trail with my son and brother today

Good workout for a short hike. Very nice 360 views at the top. Really an out and back trail as the loop is very short. Appropriate footwear goes a long way here.

Excellent workout.
Loose rock can be challenging.

There’s some incline areas that make it “hard” , but this is only a 3 mile round trip .. I’m done in about 1 1/2 hours ( that’s with resting at top to enjoy the view) .. if you just want a quick workout with good incline this is the hike for you ! This is my easy go to hike when I don’t want to travel to far. Wear good hiking shoes to avoid slipping and falling !

there are some markers but can be hard to follow bc there are a lot of side trails