L.V. Yates to "Two Bit" Peak Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(350)
Phoenix Mountain Preserve

L.V. Yates to "Two Bit" Peak Loop is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 859 feet Route Type: Loop

From Tempe take hwy 51 North. Exit on Shea blvd and turn right for about 2 to 3 miles. Then turn right again on 40th st and go to the end as it ends on the trailhead.

This was my second time on this trail. it is Rocky and a bit challenging as you ascend. The views are so worth the effort. I enjoy the alternate trail down the top section. I recommend getting there before 7 am as after 7 it has a lot of traffic and the trail head parking lot is overflowing down 40 the street and into the neighborhood.

This is a great hike with rewarding views. it starts off fairly easy and as soon as you start hiking uphill, it starts to get hardy with a much rockier and tougher terrain. Perfect hike for someone who wants a little work out and some peace of mind. I came here at 315 on Tuesday and the parking lot was full but there are other trails that start from the parking lot. Lightly trafficked hike.

It’s a good, short trail with some climbing/scrambling involved. It was definitely interesting and had a lot of nice scenery as you get closer to the top.

This trail was perfect for us and our 11/14 yr old boys. Short enough to avoid complaints, challenging enough to be interesting. We just went straight up from the parking lot. All of us in regular sneakers, had no problem. Saw lots of lizards along the way, and butterflies at the top.

kicked off a 3-day weekend, celebrating my 55th bday with a hike up to 2-Bit / Dixie Peak ... Arizona and desert mountain hiking are both new to me...8-months in now as a Phoenix resident. I'm hooked on hiking. getting into shape and this is a great peak to start after several weeks of hiking up to lower peaks in this region... kicked my butt.. but with a few stops for breathers and water... and fantastic views.. I made it to the top in about 50 minutes. I'm sure that's slow to many, but I'm in no race... fantastic hike!

Super rocky- not super enjoyable with dogs

We took a bit of a detour on the 8 but still better going than up the wash trail.

Great 360 view. when get to almost top instead of going straight up, take a left to finish climb to top.

Really loose rock for a while then you get into a bit of a climb. Unless you hit the peak it’s not ideal for sunsets due to the surrounding hills so use your time wisely

It's less rocky if you take Trail 8, to the right through the horse trailer parking, and then connect with the Two Bits trail further up. It feels like walking up a wash if you take the trail to the left of the parking lot.

Very rocky, lots of loose gravel. There was a section of trail that was shown on the map but didn’t seem to exist so we skipped that. Come early to park in the lot. Nice views from the top though!

Did "Two Bit" Peak today with my 5 year old son. We made it to the summit easily, but coming down was a little more on the challenging side as some of the switchbacks are a little steep for the trek down. We took our time and made it without incident. Plenty of older kids and dogs on the trail. Very rocky, so I would advise a decent pair of hiking shoes to prevent injury or sore feet. Views from the top are AMAZING.