Lower Salt River Nature Trail

Lower Salt River Nature Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

beach

Perfect hike to do with the wife / kids/ Dog whatever you want stay on trail or be a trail blazer great views love this trail

Some nice scenery but mostly walking on loose sand which is akward.

This trail was kid friendly and we saw wild horses which was pretty neat. There is however, a lot of horse poop and we also saw a lot of garbage unfortunately. Overall, I would do this hike again with my kids though. It’s very beautiful. When I went it wasn’t too busy. We went around 1pm.

horse poop everywhere and so much traffic the trail has turned into power. I did this Trail less than 6 months ago and it was in way better shape. I wouldn't drive across town for this hike but if you're close it's nice to see and hear the river.

Great for a trail run.

Nice trail well marked, relatively flat, opportunities to see wildlife and nice view of Red Mountain.