Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Lower Chimney Rock Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(84)
Coconino National Forest

Lower Chimney Rock Loop is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 114 feet Route Type: Loop

Best part was going off trail and tackling the summit. Great views at the top.

No restrooms at trail head. Beautiful views everywhere! Some elevation but overall an easier hike than moderate in my opinion.

This was our favorite trail in all of Sedona and the view from the summit was spectacular. Oddly enough, there were very few hikers and had the whole view view to ourselves. Its pretty short but steep. We skipped the loop part and just went straight up to the top. Little parking, just like everywhere else in Sedona.

This is a great little hike. Short and easy if you don’t take the summit trail. It’s a good warm up if you continue on to the Chimney rock/ Thunder mountain trail. Parking is also pretty good.

I like all of Sedona trails. This is lovely when you get going and away from any noise. Can be hard if you do both loops and the summit but we’re not serious hard core hikers just love spending time out there.

Mon Nov 26 2018

Trail was a nice afternoon hike, but I wouldn’t say it was Moderate. I would categorize as Easy. You can make the hike longer and more intense by climbing the Summit. The trail for the summit it on the back side.

Tue Nov 06 2018

My wife and I took our 4 year old son on this hike. While it's not the most scenic trail, we were stoked that our little one finished the loop like a boss. Nice easy hike, especially if you have little kids with you.

Sun Oct 21 2018

great trail

Sun Sep 02 2018

Definitely recommend hiking the summit - amazing 360 degree views and not that difficult to get up. Otherwise a nice quick trail

Fri Jul 27 2018

Amazing Trail! They have many trails you can do off of the loop. We went up to the summit and the upped trail. Highly recommend!

Sun Apr 22 2018

Very beautiful hike. If you want to see an amazing view of Sedona take the summit trail to the top. A bit difficult but well worth it.

Thu Apr 19 2018

Visiting from Texas and staying at a hotel not far from the Trailhead. It was within walking distance and I was looking for an easy hike with a reward. The Lower Chimney fit this especially with a short climb to the summit. Spectacular payoff and 360 views of Sedona. Would recommend for families with preteens.

Mon Apr 02 2018