Lost Dog to Quartz Trail

Lost Dog to Quartz Trail is a 8.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Scottsdale, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 8.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,223 feet Route Type: Out & Back

I was hiking alone and I did enjoy the peace it was a little isolated. From the time I got on Quartz trail I never saw another person. A lot of the trail traveled through the riverbed and it was quite grassy. I kept waiting for some spectacular views but never got there. Next time I would go to towards Sunrise

Best to check the two individual trails for detailed reviews. Picking up Quartz here, you slug through some fairly unremarkable wash for the second third of the trail, and knowing you’ll be in the wash until the end will likely make it tempting to turn back. But it gets rockier and prettier as you go deeper into the canyon, and I do think the last third makes it worth it. Easy on the way back but also very easy to miss your turn up out of the wash, so pay attention or you’ll be slugging it up the side! Lots of pretty wildflowers (end of January).

recorded Recording - May 31, 11:34 AM