Lookout Mountain Summit Trail

Lookout Mountain Summit Trail is a 0.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.9 miles Elevation Gain: 469 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This was a great workout! Just as hard coming down as going up because it’s so steep and rocky.

Did it with my dog but I probably won’t again until post snake season. It’s rocky and wild up top.

First time hiking; will definitely take this trail again, and others. Hiked the trail with my family (husband, 3 year old, 2 month old, brother, niece). 3 year old made it to the top and down with minimal assistance. Rocky, but manageable, if you're careful where you step.

Despite the loose rocks I really loved the summit trail. Great great views from the saddle and the top. A little bit of scramble but not bad.

I really enjoyed hiking this trail with my 6 pound pup. Took a little over a hour to reach the top and down. It is a steep trail but, we were able to do it just fine. It is a rocky trail so, good hiking shoes is recommended. I’ll be doing this trail again. Parking is limited.

short and sweet!

I liked the short, steep hike with great views at the summit. I'd definitely wear hiking boots. It's rocky.

recorded Lookout Mountain Summit Trail

Beautiful time when weeds come out making the landscape a little greener

11-16-19 Phoenix Summit Challenge!!!