Lookout Mountain Summit Trail

Lookout Mountain Summit Trail is a 1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail, we were rockclimbing at one point but it was still enjoyable! Can't beat the entire view of Phoenix once you get to the top!

Nice short hike with a climb. Can add distance by doing the loop too. Lost the trail for a bit near the top with some unmarked forks, but not to the extent you can get lost.

good climb to the summit, rocky

great for cardiovascular. great views.

This is a fast steep hill. I liked it. alot of views

This was my first time , and it not called lookout mountain for nothing amazing views from this peak you can see Shaw butte, north mountain, and dreamy draw area , wow this was cool once your make it to the top your gonna want to explore more ,

Easy trail up with a decent view at the top. Only came across one person.

Short hike for those who love/enjoy a quick workout. Est. time from trailhead to peak is around 20min. Very limited parking. If you park at the Lookout Mountain Park (SE of mountain park), parking is generally empty. You can hike Trail 308 around to trailhead.

Nice, quick hike that's not too hard! Loved the views!!!

Great, easy trail in the middle of city! Got up and back within fifty minutes with a little rest at the top! Parking lot can fill up quickly in the mornings, but worth checking out!

Was a good hike. Step not very long but a good workout

Perfect short hike! Finished in less than an hour. A lot of gravel and rocks, which become vertical towards the top. Definitely recommend this one and we will be back!

We did the summit & circumference. The view from the mountain top is so beautiful! Just be careful when you come down. The gravel/rocks are easy to slip and slide on. Watch your step!!!
This trail was great. Will definitely be doing this again

My fiancé and I took an hour to check this hike out. I was pleasantly surprised at the views from the top and all of the plants along the way. we will take the kids the next time.

Worth the view! Easy hour up and down

A great short hike. Can be completed in 40 minutes up and back. Great for November thru May. Bring more water than expected June thru October.

First hike in over two years and I'm pretty out of shape. Had to stop a couple times on the way up because there is a good incline but it was still manageable for this fat chick

Saturday, January 14, 2017

I'm an almost 55 year old overweight lady with bad knees from sports throughout my life, so I really like the 308 trail. Getting my heart rate pumping and is about a 1.75 mile hike with moderate up climbs. Hoping to be back to a total healthy lifestyle by the end of 2017.