Lookout Mountain Circumference Trail

Lookout Mountain Circumference Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 275 feet Route Type: Loop

Good hike but need the markings since there are so many multiple possibilities loosing some tome going off trail.

Typical Arizona trail with lots of rocks. I left my hikers at home by accident and wore a lite runner, was able to get away with it on this one. Not much shade. Began at 8:30 am on a Monday and trail was quite quiet; the beginning feels like you are on a residential trail behind homes, but then gets a bit farther from their backyards. I’m a moderate biker, and this was pretty standard for me.

I love this mountain and the views, but there are so many “illegal“ trails that it’s hard to know what the trail really is. I made a recording of the trail that we took which is obviously not the one we were supposed to take. The trail markers are confusing.

This is another great beginner hike which if you choose to add the summit hike becomes a little more challenging. The route is fairly well marked(308) and is predictable. The views are outstanding. Not sure I would drive from a far to do this but it is a peak, so get it done then move on.

Great local trail for walking or running!

side trails not bad for 80 degrees

Being from Colorado I under estimated the strength of the Arizona sun it was 77° when we started and we were melting!

good trail for beginners

First hike since moving to AZ. Hike was good. Not to bad. A little rocky all around.

We were looking for a new trail with some elevation and a shorter duration... this trail was perfect! Great views of the city:)

This trail was just ok. It's much better if you trek up to the summit.

Super chill route, some slopes and mid inclines. Perfect for a novice, fun stuff

Sry nice hike. Saw 2 coyotes on trail but no issues. Medium hike.

Rocky but a good hike.

This is a pretty easy trail. I went with a group from my high school and everyone had a good time. Not many photo opportunities. I did not go up to the summit but my friends who did said it was a moderate difficulty. Overall, I would hike this trail again and maybe bring my dog next time. :)

Relaxing walk around the park

it's a nice 1-1.5 hr hike without the peak. great views. not busy. I wouldn't call it hard. Mild with some moderate would be more accurate. will definitely be doing the peak next time.

Love this trail and it was a gorgeous Arizona winter day!

This is a great hike. Lots of trails to explore without the feeling of getting lost. Straight to the top takes only 20-30 mins. Views are great. I hike here once a week.

Nice loop.. pretty gradual. Lots of options to summit.

Very easy and not busy at all. We cut up to the top to see the views as well.

Lots of options depending on what type of hike/workout you want. Summit trail has 360 views of the valley from the top. The loop trails offer options in terms of length and difficulty. Great views all around. Only downfall is that there is not much parking or rest area near trailhead. I’ve always had to park on the street.

Not difficult at all enjoyable little hike

Run it mostly, little loose it some spots, but a good fun and quick outing.