Lookout Mountain Circumference Trail

Lookout Mountain Circumference Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A cozy neighborhood hike.

I did Lookout Mountain today. I had been there before, but probably not in a couple years. I must admit I did the circumference today. I didn't reach the top. Only up to 1,629 feet. I meant to do the summit, but just didn't find it before I found myself traipsing all the way around the mountain. A handy neighborhood hike.

Nice scenary, not over crowded, with some good inclines if you don't mind improvising. If you enter from the 16th St. entrance and go left, you can tackle some good inclines going from the upper trail from the lower trail that runs along the N and E sides of the mountain.

Doing the entire loop is a good workout, but as others have mentioned, it's not terribly high, and thus not as difficult as something like Piestewa Peak.

Go for the wildflowers. Otherwise, a bit too flat for my liking

nice and easy

very easy and fun

Good hike, lot of loose shale.