Lookout Mountain Circumference Trail

Lookout Mountain Circumference Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

I would call this hike moderate. You can definitely get your cardio in. Lots of rocks but easy to follow.

Easy, pretty, not too crowded. Has good views, not very strenuous, but you still get decent cardio.

I would rate this moderate, rather than easy. There is a rolling incline & a lot of loose rocks to watch out for. The trails are poorly marked (so use this app!), but it is an overall great hike. It’s a little over 2 miles and it took us an hour and a half (though we stopped multiple times to take pictures).

a nice mild to moderate walk. Some areas with lots of loose rocks.

Pleasant, fairly busy on a weekday after 4 pm.

Great 2 mile hike with some challenging parts. Not too crowded during the week.

The Circumference trail is a fun and easy hike.

Kinda boring

Great hike

a good hike. I liked the Early morning

I agree with some previous reviews - the signage does get a bit confusing and I did feel lost at one point. But the terrain is varied and it was a fun hike.

Decent views of the suburbs. Trail conditions rocky, not suitable for running. Not much to look at foliage and rock formation-wise, but convenient and a nice hike overall.

There was so many extra paths, and not enough signs to figure out where you are supposed to be going. Speaking of signs, they don’t always point in the right direction, so you end up going the wrong way.

Loose rocks not that well marked

Beautiful views, although my small dog and I didn't climb to the summit, we got lost since the trail was not clearly marked. I expected to take a little over an hour, but ended up being here closer to an hour and a half, since I felt like we were going in circles. Although we got lost, it was really fun and picturesque! I'd like to come back and see if we can tackle the trail without getting lost this time.

Great running trail.

It's a beautiful view earlier in the morning to pray and praise the lord

A cozy neighborhood hike.

I did Lookout Mountain today. I had been there before, but probably not in a couple years. I must admit I did the circumference today. I didn't reach the top. Only up to 1,629 feet. I meant to do the summit, but just didn't find it before I found myself traipsing all the way around the mountain. A handy neighborhood hike.

Nice scenary, not over crowded, with some good inclines if you don't mind improvising. If you enter from the 16th St. entrance and go left, you can tackle some good inclines going from the upper trail from the lower trail that runs along the N and E sides of the mountain.

Doing the entire loop is a good workout, but as others have mentioned, it's not terribly high, and thus not as difficult as something like Piestewa Peak.