Lookout Mountain Circumference Trail

Lookout Mountain Circumference Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I agree with some previous reviews - the signage does get a bit confusing and I did feel lost at one point. But the terrain is varied and it was a fun hike.

Decent views of the suburbs. Trail conditions rocky, not suitable for running. Not much to look at foliage and rock formation-wise, but convenient and a nice hike overall.

There was so many extra paths, and not enough signs to figure out where you are supposed to be going. Speaking of signs, they don’t always point in the right direction, so you end up going the wrong way.

Loose rocks not that well marked

Beautiful views, although my small dog and I didn't climb to the summit, we got lost since the trail was not clearly marked. I expected to take a little over an hour, but ended up being here closer to an hour and a half, since I felt like we were going in circles. Although we got lost, it was really fun and picturesque! I'd like to come back and see if we can tackle the trail without getting lost this time.

Great running trail.