Long and Technical Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(26)
Estrella Mountain Regional Park

Long and Technical Trail Loop is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Goodyear, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.8 miles Elevation Gain: 449 feet Route Type: Loop

I would not consider this a moderately difficult hike. I found this hike to be very easy as it was just a loop around the base of the mountain. I would say it is probably definitely difficult for mountain bikers but not a normal hiker. There was A LOT of bugs, enough that you could hear them in swarms. I would recommend for a easy but long walk. More of a nature walk than a hike.

Nice quiet trail. $7 to park.

fee

Sun Jan 20 2019

Beautiful trail. A couple notes though: Google maps will not take you to the correct road. It wants to take you to Palm Lane but you need to go Arminta Estrella. It will look like you are pulling into the parking lots at PIR but just keep going. There is a sign that seems to indicate that the trails are only for mountain biking and trail running but I did fine just hiking it. I just had to leave one ear bud out so I could hear people coming up fast behind me and get out of the way because the trail is all one way. There's also a sign for the Technical loop that says "Experts Only" but I think that must apply to the mountain bikers. I'm not an expert hiker and was fine. Enjoy!

Sun May 12 2019