Lockett Meadow Inner Basin Loop Trail

Lockett Meadow Inner Basin Loop Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Flagstaff, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We did this 4 mile hike. Took our family a little over 2 hours. We hiked it with our two daughters. 12 & 8. They hiked it pretty good, but got a little tired toward the end. Great family hike.

I went there yesterday (10/22), I missed the leaves falling from aspens, but the trees are very cool to look! It’s a very relaxing hike. Beautiful scene.

This was an absolutely fantastic hike for my wife and I! We arrived early in the morning (8am at the parking area in Lockett Meadow), I highly recommend this if you and your group can manage it because this trail gets so popular in the fall.
The payoff at the very top of the trail is great, views of the backside of Humphreys and another peak I don't know the name of.
Plenty of other people have excellent things to say about this trail, so I don't need to embellish it. I would reinforce with anyone going on this trail to be respectful of the trail and stay on it (don't wander), be mindful of others' space and enjoyment on the trail, and protect our natural resources.

Not an enjoyable hike for us. Maybe it was being a Sunday, but too crowded and loud. Road to trailhead was difficult in a Hyundai Tucson (very rutted & too narrow, especially with traffic). Traffic/parking at trailhead was crowded, lots of uncourteous folks driving and walking very rudely.

Trail was heavily trafficked and all uphill. Lots of loud groups yelling & talking. Map from AllTrails didn't load and track due to no phone coverage. This was a hike we won't do again.