Lockett Meadow Inner Basin Loop Trail

Lockett Meadow Inner Basin Loop Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Flagstaff, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

If you plan to go to see the Aspen trees mid fall - leave by 5 am and be done before 11. The drive up can get very scary since it's one narrow road for all incoming and outgoing traffic. Parking is available and there are dimly lit restroom. Regardless, this is an absolutely breathing experience that I wouldn't trade.

Absolutely beautiful hike. I've hiked this way twice - once in the summer (end of May) & once in the fall (while the leaves were still yellow). Lockett meadow is absolutely gorgeous in the fall. Inner Basin is a cool little area which is perfect to relax & snack here. If you take the way up to Humphreys - make sure you take a nice long rest here. That hike is probably the hardest I've done up & back. I would recommend going to Weatherford trail and then stopping there or going up Humphreys the easier 6mile route!

Awsome! Hiked when the aspen trees were still yellow

We did this 4 mile hike. Took our family a little over 2 hours. We hiked it with our two daughters. 12 & 8. They hiked it pretty good, but got a little tired toward the end. Great family hike.

I went there yesterday (10/22), I missed the leaves falling from aspens, but the trees are very cool to look! It’s a very relaxing hike. Beautiful scene.

This was an absolutely fantastic hike for my wife and I! We arrived early in the morning (8am at the parking area in Lockett Meadow), I highly recommend this if you and your group can manage it because this trail gets so popular in the fall.
The payoff at the very top of the trail is great, views of the backside of Humphreys and another peak I don't know the name of.
Plenty of other people have excellent things to say about this trail, so I don't need to embellish it. I would reinforce with anyone going on this trail to be respectful of the trail and stay on it (don't wander), be mindful of others' space and enjoyment on the trail, and protect our natural resources.

Not an enjoyable hike for us. Maybe it was being a Sunday, but too crowded and loud. Road to trailhead was difficult in a Hyundai Tucson (very rutted & too narrow, especially with traffic). Traffic/parking at trailhead was crowded, lots of uncourteous folks driving and walking very rudely.

Trail was heavily trafficked and all uphill. Lots of loud groups yelling & talking. Map from AllTrails didn't load and track due to no phone coverage. This was a hike we won't do again.

Beautiful! A favorite!

I would hike this trail every day if it wasn't for the fact that my buick had a difficult time getting to the location. very beautiful in the fall time and very popular

absolutely loved It! can't wait to go back in the fall.

Trail and views are amazing, but the road is on a cliff.

recorded Lockett Meadow to Inner Basin