Little Horse Trail

Little Horse Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from The junction of Routes 89A and 179 in Sedona: Take 179 south 3.6 miles to a paved turnout and trailhead parking on the left (east) at milepost 309.8, .2 miles south of the entrance to the United Methodist Church.

This is a secret little trail! Easy hike, great views, including the Chapel Cross, and at the end- Chicken Point! Which I just happen to see people standing up there, and didn't even realize you could get up that high! Great views! Super fun trail!

Did this yesterday with my 6 yo and 3 yo. The trail itself was very scenic and fun to hike along. My 3 yo enjoyed all the different kinds of flowers, and my 6 yo loved finding different reptiles. The trail can be kind of difficult to follow in some spots, but thankfully we figured it out. We hiked to the top of Chicken Point too and that was spectacular!

The best trail we walked. Almost as good as the Grand. Ever 10 steps was better than those before.

Beautiful and well marked. Need to share the trail with hikers and bikers.

This was a perfect trail for us. My wife is one year from a hip replacement and easy hiking is best for her. There were a smattering of wild flowers, lots of beautiful vistas.

My wife and I enjoyed the hike and the views. Well worth it.