Little Horse Trail

Little Horse Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from The junction of Routes 89A and 179 in Sedona: Take 179 south 3.6 miles to a paved turnout and trailhead parking on the left (east) at milepost 309.8, .2 miles south of the entrance to the United Methodist Church.

A really nice, easy trail. Beautiful vistas and vegetation.

Nice hike. Great scenery. Whole families can take this hike

Beautiful Easy / Moderate Trail. When we returned home from our trip, I found that I had taken the most pictures on this Trail. It seemed like every 50 feet I was stopping to take another picture. I think this Trail is a little under-rated in some books. When I was reaching the Trails in the area before our trip, this one didn't come up that often on people's best list. It's on mine for sure!!

Easy trail with some of the best views in Sedona. with many connections to other trails there is opportunity for a day full of hiking starting off of little horse.

A decent hike I just wish the views were a bit better!

Beautiful trail. When you pass the sign for chapel, keep going until you reach the top of the bold rock. Amazing views