Liberty Bell Arch

Liberty Bell Arch is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Willow Beach, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.1 miles Elevation Gain: 908 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Please note that some of the trails in the region are temporarily closed in the summer because it is too hot. Check the Lake Mead National Park Service page for further information.

Hiked this trail at sunset in April and it was one of the most breathtaking views I’ve ever seen. Just be sure to pack bright headlamps because we ran into rattlesnakes and tarantulas on our hike back once it was dark.

closed

Trail is closed now. Just as the hot springs is. Summer closure.

Weather was cloudy/sunny no rain today it was a great hike !

My perspective my be skewed, because I’m one of those crazy people tho revels in being assaulted by the sun at the height of its intensity with as little clothing on as possible. That being said, my boyfriend and I had an awesome experience yesterday, hiking this trail. Definitely take plenty of water; we took 3.5 liters each and drank our last drop as we returned to camp. It may be near the mighty Colorado River, but once you’re on the trail, you won’t see a lick of water, not a lot of shade either. If you enjoy challenging yourself in the elements, you’ll enjoy this hike!

Most of the crowd at the trailhead seems to head to the Arizona Hot Spring. The trail is less crowded about a mile in. The first stretch is not the most scenic and has quite a bit of rocky sand. You will run into firmer ground where the trail splits. The trail is easy to lose at times, but check the map, look around, and you should easily find it again. I had the overlook alone to myself for about 30 minutes before I ran into some other hikers. Great views.

Not a serious hiker, but loved this hike. We started early (9am) and it was cool, glad we did. Pushing on to the overlook was worth every step. Amazing view of the river!

Great alternative to the crowds at the Arizona Hot Springs. Approximately 5 miles and 1,000 feet elevation gain. Great scenery with old mining paraphernalia and a breathtaking view of the Colorado River at the top!

Nice hike to awesome views. gets your blood pumping on the way up. would have been nicer on a less windy day

Nice hike but I was expecting a different look at the liberty bell location. I would like to do the hot springs part of this hike next time.

Friday, February 16, 2018

wonderful hike to a gorgeous view of the river. Lots to see a long the way. Liberty Bell arch was also very scenic. go early if you want solitude

Friday, February 09, 2018

Nice moderate hike to Liberty Bell Arch and beyond to Black Canyon Overlook. Carry plenty of water for you and your dog. There is no shade!

Sunday, January 21, 2018

The mileage on this map didn't seem to match up. Had anyone confirmed with a GPS other than their phone? Beautiful views and a little more technical (rocks) than expected.

Sunday, January 21, 2018

This is a nice easy trail with great views throughout. I would recommend hitting the trail early if you want solitude. It gets busier in the afternoon.

Monday, January 15, 2018

Good hike. Highly trafficked so don’t expect solitude. The views are really nice throughout the whole hike, especially at the top! Views of Colorado River at bottom of beautiful canyon. Moderate level of difficulty but you can increase intensity by doing some scrambling along the trail. Definitely tired out my dog!

Monday, December 25, 2017

I did this hike on my own, it was awesome, I was absolutely not prepared for the stunning views!

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

area is open. very nice hike. trail head parking is large and the trail is decently wide. However, very few directional signs once you cross under freeway. The view of the Colorado river is excellent.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

This area is currently closed until mid September 2017.

Friday, April 21, 2017

great trail did it today make sure you hike all the way to the end a great view of the colo river

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Beautiful hike in and out. Fantastic scenery. We did this trail then walked the White Canyon and connected to the Hot Springs trail. Unless you are in good shape I would not recommend doing this, the last 3 miles of the Hot Springs trail is mostly uphill. If you want to do all three do the Hot Springs first

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

This is a very nice desert hike. From the riverbed canyon to the views of the surrounding mountains and the Arch, there are sights aplenty. Go early in the day. There is no shade while on this trail. Use caution. Take more water than you think that you need. Plan ahead and enjoy this hike.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Awesome views. Be sure to go beyond arch for spectacular view of the river!

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Great hike, it was a lot harder climbing up the trail then I was prepared for so I only made it about half way. Be prepared to climb over river bed size rocks.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Beautiful and amazing hike.