Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Lees Ferry and Spencer Trail Lookout is a 3.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Page, Arizona that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,614 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Historic district, ruins, canyon, Colorado River, shipwreck John D. Lee -- one of the perpetrators of the Mountain Meadows Massacre -- was exiled here to serve as the operator of the only crossing servicing the Arizona Strip. This trail takes you through the historic town of Lees Ferry, past a steamship wreck, and along the upper reaches of the Grand Canyon. Expect no shade along this route. You'll spot plenty of rusting equipment and sandstone ruins left by Lee, a mining company, and various drifters. Magnified by its proximity, the Colorado River -- which seems green from the rims -- flows deep blue indigo. Be sure to visit the Navajo Bridges, the steel spans that replaced the primitive ferry at this point.

Gorgeous views, easy switchbacks, very organized. Trial was very rocky, wear good hiking shoes. Also there was not much shade.

No shade the entire way to the top but so worth the views. Small little scramble toward the top. I’d suggest going all the way over the peak to the other side as the view from there is the best! -check my recording

don’t start the hike at 1pm, that is all..also forgot to stop recording so oops

Excellent hike, especially for physical fitness. It was tough but absolutely worth. Views for days!

Wow!!!! Great hike!!!!

This was a trail we chose not to complete. We hiked about 30 min gained elevation instantly (800 ft). With two lil's on our back we decided not to chance any further as there was lot's of loose gravel, sketchy walk thru with no solid edge. As we looked ahead the path narrowed significantly. The view even 30 min in was worth the attempt tho.

It is an extremely good view and the hike is Not very easy but it is worth it

Great views, but I couldn’t get to the top. Evidently I’m scared of heights these days. But it was an awesome hike.

Fantastic trail. Hard but not impossible possible.The views are exquisite from the top. My 10-year-old son completed it in about two hours and 15 minutes.

This trail is perfect for early morning walk after warm up at a Cathedral Wash. It is well marked easy to follow. Loose sand and loose rocks in multiple areas. We did get off track once or twice some how at the switch Backs. Beautiful 360 view from the top. Pack a lunch and water. Enjoy with a tough adventurous family. My 10yo can do it so can you. Don’t think it was too difficult. Steep up easy down.

fee

fee

Cool trail! Used about 2 hours up and down. Very exposed terrain at times, with narrow trails and steep cliffs. Don't hike this one if you are afraid of hights. Easy to follow the trail, even though it seems hard to hike the steep cliff from ground level. Did not meet a single person.

Was a great trail. I hiked this with my dog, took us about 2 hours. I havent hiked a trail like this in awhile. Was a bit of a challenge, but so worth it at the end. it's all up hill..

Worth the hike!