Pipeline Canyon Trail

Pipeline Canyon Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Morristown, Arizona that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Pipeline Canyon Trail North At Lake Pleasant is a 2 mile out and back trail located near Peoria, Arizona that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until April.

Easy hike, even for my 7year-old!! We saw wild donkeys and the views of the lake are beautiful!

Best one yet! Beautiful scenic views of the lake and the desert.

Fun for the whole family. Easy going trails with up and down terrain and beautiful scenery. Easily accessible adjacent trails allow you to create your own adventure.

Easy to Moderate hike with beautiful views! It does cost $6 to enter Lake Pleasant, based on the honor system. We encountered just a handful of other hikers, so it was very quaint. I highly recommend this hike for the diverse Arizona scenery. It took us 1 hour & 45 minutes to do the Pipeline Trail, which is about 4 miles.

Great views and easy for dogs.

It seemed as if the bridge was out of commission. It would’ve been nice if there were a sign at the trailhead stating so.

Nice hike, we took the yavapai trail connector on the way back for change of scenery.

The trail itself was really nice but depending where you park, the bridge is out so you technically can’t complete it and turn around at the other parking lot.

Pretty trail with great lake views. Water level was low so able to cross the empty river bed to the other side where there is no longer a bridge and able to complete entire trail. Very hot!

This was a pretty good hike. Lots of ups and downs. Didn't see any snakes that was kind of disappointing. I think this hike would be much better in November because it was pretty hot today about 90°. I would totally do this hike again

This is a nice easy trail that allows you to enjoy a piece of the desert.

I wasn't aware of the $6 park entry fee, however this hike was well worth the cost. I took my dog Grommet for an afternoon hike on a Sunday and we were practically the only ones out there. We took the Pipeline Canyon trail all the way down to the water. Needless to say, this trail is incredibly beautiful. Not only are there saguaro cactus growing all over the hillsides, but I was lucky enough to run into a falconer who was training his Harris Hawk. It completely made my day watching the hawk fly around the desert landscape, and ever so gracefully land on his master's perch.

Grommet and I enjoyed a game of swimming fetch at the end of Pipeline Canyon. The trail actually ended at that point because the bridge was out due to high water. On our way back to the car, we ended up taking Pipeline Canyon and turned right onto to Yavapai Point trail to make this a fantastic loop with mind-blowing beautiful views.

Epic and easy hike. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Had a great time today on the trails. Due to recent rains the air quality was excellent and the desert colors were fantastic. The lake was a beautiful blue and made for great photos at the top of Yavapai Pt.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Watch out for the wild burros

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Easy to moderate hike. Usually quiet and if you are lucky, you'll see the wild burro. We saw 8-9 today. The bridge has washed out so you can't walk the full trail. Hopefully they will get the bridge back in service soon.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Love this trail! great for the entire family.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

The hike was ok. The view of the lake was limited with the low water level. the beached, floating bridge looked like an eye sore since the water level was so low. I dont recommend this hike unless the water leve is high. If the water level is low, take a break in the wash and look for the millions of spiders crawling in the rocks near the water.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Nice workout but lots of rocks on trail due to recent rains. View of lake was pretty (even with very low water levels).

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

The hike was okay with a very nice view of the lake, it was a good memory especially if you want to take a break from swimming!