Pipeline Canyon Trail

Pipeline Canyon Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Morristown, Arizona that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

Pipeline Canyon Trail North At Lake Pleasant is a 2 mile out and back trail located near Peoria, Arizona that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until April.

This is a nice easy trail that allows you to enjoy a piece of the desert.

I wasn't aware of the $6 park entry fee, however this hike was well worth the cost. I took my dog Grommet for an afternoon hike on a Sunday and we were practically the only ones out there. We took the Pipeline Canyon trail all the way down to the water. Needless to say, this trail is incredibly beautiful. Not only are there saguaro cactus growing all over the hillsides, but I was lucky enough to run into a falconer who was training his Harris Hawk. It completely made my day watching the hawk fly around the desert landscape, and ever so gracefully land on his master's perch.

Grommet and I enjoyed a game of swimming fetch at the end of Pipeline Canyon. The trail actually ended at that point because the bridge was out due to high water. On our way back to the car, we ended up taking Pipeline Canyon and turned right onto to Yavapai Point trail to make this a fantastic loop with mind-blowing beautiful views.

Epic and easy hike. 10 out of 10 would recommend.