Lake Pleasant Trail

Lake Pleasant Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Morristown, Arizona and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

I wasn't aware of the $6 park entry fee, however this hike was well worth the cost. I took my dog Grommet for an afternoon hike on a Sunday and we were practically the only ones out there. We took the Pipeline Canyon trail all the way down to the water. Needless to say, this trail is incredibly beautiful. Not only are there saguaro cactus growing all over the hillsides, but I was lucky enough to run into a falconer who was training his Harris Hawk. It completely made my day watching the hawk fly around the desert landscape, and ever so gracefully land on his master's perch.

Grommet and I enjoyed a game of swimming fetch at the end of Pipeline Canyon. The trail actually ended at that point because the bridge was out due to high water. On our way back to the car, we ended up taking Pipeline Canyon and turned right onto to Yavapai Point trail to make this a fantastic loop with mind-blowing beautiful views.

Epic and easy hike. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Had a great time today on the trails. Due to recent rains the air quality was excellent and the desert colors were fantastic. The lake was a beautiful blue and made for great photos at the top of Yavapai Pt.

Love this trail! great for the entire family.

The hike was okay with a very nice view of the lake, it was a good memory especially if you want to take a break from swimming!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I took my mastiff to Lake Pleasant this March, and while she played in the water, I followed alongside on land. Shoreline is rocky and quite a bit of brush. Lovely clear lake for swimming. I was driven closer to the water by a park ranger who told me there had been several rattlesnake sightings in this area recently. Apparently the early warming from El Niño has brought out plentiful snakes. Watch where you step! I deducted one star
r/t no beach without risk for snakebite.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lake Pleasant is a great recreational lake with camping, hiking, kayaking, paddleboarding and of course lots of boating opportunities. I love the kayaking and sailing the best.

canoeing