Pipeline Canyon Trail

Pipeline Canyon Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Morristown, Arizona that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

Pipeline Canyon Trail North At Lake Pleasant is a 2 mile out and back trail located near Peoria, Arizona that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until April.

It seemed as if the bridge was out of commission. It would’ve been nice if there were a sign at the trailhead stating so.

Nice hike, we took the yavapai trail connector on the way back for change of scenery.

The trail itself was really nice but depending where you park, the bridge is out so you technically can’t complete it and turn around at the other parking lot.

Pretty trail with great lake views. Water level was low so able to cross the empty river bed to the other side where there is no longer a bridge and able to complete entire trail. Very hot!

This was a pretty good hike. Lots of ups and downs. Didn't see any snakes that was kind of disappointing. I think this hike would be much better in November because it was pretty hot today about 90°. I would totally do this hike again

This is a nice easy trail that allows you to enjoy a piece of the desert.

I wasn't aware of the $6 park entry fee, however this hike was well worth the cost. I took my dog Grommet for an afternoon hike on a Sunday and we were practically the only ones out there. We took the Pipeline Canyon trail all the way down to the water. Needless to say, this trail is incredibly beautiful. Not only are there saguaro cactus growing all over the hillsides, but I was lucky enough to run into a falconer who was training his Harris Hawk. It completely made my day watching the hawk fly around the desert landscape, and ever so gracefully land on his master's perch.

Grommet and I enjoyed a game of swimming fetch at the end of Pipeline Canyon. The trail actually ended at that point because the bridge was out due to high water. On our way back to the car, we ended up taking Pipeline Canyon and turned right onto to Yavapai Point trail to make this a fantastic loop with mind-blowing beautiful views.

Epic and easy hike. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Had a great time today on the trails. Due to recent rains the air quality was excellent and the desert colors were fantastic. The lake was a beautiful blue and made for great photos at the top of Yavapai Pt.

Watch out for the wild burros

Easy to moderate hike. Usually quiet and if you are lucky, you'll see the wild burro. We saw 8-9 today. The bridge has washed out so you can't walk the full trail. Hopefully they will get the bridge back in service soon.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Love this trail! great for the entire family.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

The hike was ok. The view of the lake was limited with the low water level. the beached, floating bridge looked like an eye sore since the water level was so low. I dont recommend this hike unless the water leve is high. If the water level is low, take a break in the wash and look for the millions of spiders crawling in the rocks near the water.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Nice workout but lots of rocks on trail due to recent rains. View of lake was pretty (even with very low water levels).

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

The hike was okay with a very nice view of the lake, it was a good memory especially if you want to take a break from swimming!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I took my mastiff to Lake Pleasant this March, and while she played in the water, I followed alongside on land. Shoreline is rocky and quite a bit of brush. Lovely clear lake for swimming. I was driven closer to the water by a park ranger who told me there had been several rattlesnake sightings in this area recently. Apparently the early warming from El Niño has brought out plentiful snakes. Watch where you step! I deducted one star
r/t no beach without risk for snakebite.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Great Hike! Definitely low on the moderate scale, but beautiful hike.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

i did the pipeline trail and loved it! its a short trail but has plenty of views and wild life you do have to buy a permit for 6 dollars not bad. but the fishing was great and not only hiking the trail i backpacked in so my trip was about 4.5 miles 9.0 miles round trip been waiting to do it again

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Just completed a short 1 mile in (From the South trailhead to just after the bridge) for a moderate 2 mile round trip. The scenery is really nice with lots of lake views. The Bridge adds an element of interest, and you may be lucky to see some fish. Lots of evidence of wild burros which are common around the lake. Please note there is a $6 entrance fee to the lake area.

Monday, November 10, 2014

We started on the Pipeline Canyon Trail at the south trailhead which was just so-so. We then took the new spur on Yavapai Point Trail. Yavapai Point trail is a new trail. The Yavapai Point Trail is 3 miles total, 399 feet elevation change I believe, and was totally worth the hike up. The views over the lake were awesome! The grand opening celebration for Yavapai Point Trail is November 17th.