Kiwanis Trail to Telegraph Pass Lookout

Kiwanis Trail to Telegraph Pass Lookout is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great workout but I spent the whole time swatting away or running from swarms of monster flies the size of cotton balls. I couldn’t really enjoy my hike. :( Lots of dog poop on the trail too. Please clean up after your pets, people.

Not easy, but not crazy hard! Lots of stepping up, great views when you look back. We found a lot of little shady areas to take short breaks. I had to park down the street in an overflow lot, and we met at 10:00am.

Back to South Mountain today. I used to live there, three blocks from the trails, and I was on the mountain 2, 3, or 4 times per week. Alas, now I live away and I have to travel back to use the trails. Oh well, went back for a hike today. I had decided to take Kiwanis up to National to have a look at the radio towers, but I forgot the way to Kiwanis! I knew it was reachable from behind the Environmental Education Center, and wandered around there until I found Los Lomitas Trail. I remembered that one, even though I hadn't been on it in years. Started down the trail, and soon enough came to Hideout Loop. Hideout Loop leads to an old adobe house held within adobe walls. I believe that was built around 1938. It belongs to the City of Phoenix now, but it is quite striking. Walking to the front door, I found that locked, but right next to it was a side door that was open, allowing entrance to the house! It's pitch black inside, since the windows are all boarded up. I walked in a short distance and found in the front room bedding and empty bottles. There have been residents, or at least campers. I headed away from the Hideout and then found Kiwanis and started up, I have traveled down Kiwanis a few times, but this was my first time going up. It's probably not quite as easy as Alltrails makes it out to be, but it's fully manageable. A pretty trail with things to see. Well worth the hike.

Definitely not EASY! I wanted to take my pup on his first hike and he was tired about halfway up, due to the steepness! It was undeniably a very beautiful hike and had clearly marked pathways!

It an easy trail with the very uneven footing more like moderate. Lots of step up. Really recommend it. Great views and worth the hike to the top!

Not an easy trail. This is listed as Moderate by the park department website. This is second such trail this app has listed as easy and is not. The Ma-Ha-Tauk is easy on this app but listed as difficult on the official website. Enjoyed the trail. A lot of stair stepping with some steps higher than a normal stair riser. Great workout on the calfs.

Not an easy hike. Rocky, inclines, and steep steps in some spots. I would classify this closer to a moderate hike.

Good easy to medium hike up South Mtn.
My wife and I went 2.2 miles up and back.
Great views of the Phoenix valley.

Nice little trail, no scrambling but still some inclines to reckon with. Beware unclaimed poops throughout first third or so. Picked up some trash along the way. Great views of the city and cactus!

Gorgeous. Easy hike.

beautiful!

Easy but long hike. In any trail in south mountain phx, you need water and hat.

A little sandy. Fun, easier trek. Would probably rate it moderate myself due to the climb.

Easy hike, great for beginners. No foot traffic when I went (Friday morning). pretty view from the top

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Great Place Good Workout, light traffic and pretty view when your're at the top

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Views are great

Monday, July 03, 2017

Great hike. I've done it multiple times. Not to difficult if you exercise regularly. Good intermediate trail for everyone and the view is great from the top. It does cross the road towards the end so do be cautious during busy times. It is in a valley most of the way so you can have shade most of the hike depending on the time of day and year. I also see equestrians and mountain bikers on the trail so I'm sure you could ride it as well.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Great

Monday, March 27, 2017

We went early (arrived at 7:15) and there were not a lot of people but on the way back down there were about 4 or 5 groups heading up. Loved the views and it was super easy. We were finished with the hike by 9 but it only took so long because we were going off of the trail to check stuff out for a long time. Definitely would recommend to anyone no matter the skill level

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Loved it! Very rocky trail. Pretty mountain. Some man made steps to help. Watch your step!

Friday, October 07, 2016

It was amazing

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I love it

Saturday, June 11, 2016

This was a great hike, and really quite beautiful. Be prepared for a lot of deep steps (easier going up than coming down). When we went at 6 AM, and if there were already quite a few people on the trail. We hooked up with the National trail after we finished the Kiwanis section, which I do recommend. Very dog friendly. I would absolutely go back for the step workout.

Friday, June 10, 2016

The view from the peak is worth it

Sunday, January 24, 2016

An easy, but beautiful, trail on South Mountain. Fun for all ages. Once you reach the end of the trail you can keep going up to the Telegraph Lookout for even bigger views. Watch for petroglyphs along the trail. Great trail.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Great hike with kids!

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Love this trail. Short sweet to the point.

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Easy trail. New hikers will love this. As you ascend take looks behind you to see the view of downtown Phoenix. When you reach the road do stop. The trail continues on the other side of the road and it can take you down to Ahwatukee, Cross road directly where trail "ended" and it continues and is steep going up, but once you reach the top there's an awesome gazebo made of stone where the wind was blowing through.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

This is a very easy trail, but it makes a nice loop completion with Holbert-National to start. Also, continuing on Los Lomitas at the bottom adds a lot to it. That is a traipse through a wash bed that looks almost like a river bed, and it leads to a sidewalk back to the South Mountain Environmental Education Center.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

1 mile up and 1 mile back. Beautiful views of the city and shaded in the morning and late afternoon as it is a crevice of 2 mountains.