Keyhole Sink Trail

Keyhole Sink Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Parks, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Flagstaff: Take the Parks Exit (#178). Turn right (north) and then turn left (west) onto Historic Route 66. Drive west for about 4 miles to the trailhead.

We walked here in mid-August, 2017 during the Monsoon season. The trail was teeming with flowers; and there were quite a few mushrooms to be seen. It was a nice walk in the woods. And the box canyon called Keyhole Sink is pretty cool. Look for the reasonably numerous hieroglyphs. And, perhaps, sit by the little pond and see what critters show up. We felt that this trail is a little known gem -- particularly if you are really not in shape for a "real" hike.

it was perfect for the boys. nice hike.

This was a great trail for me and my 3 year old to hike. Very easy to traverse and beautiful scenery during the entire hike.

Great, short hike for kids. Lots to explore!

super easy and super pretty trail. well marked and just the right amount of challenging for the whole family. the trail is located across the street from a parking lot. only saw 2 groups.

Very short, very easy trail for walking. Did this yesterday with my wife, 6 mo old son, and dog no problem. Nice views along the way

I have two small kids and this was a nice easy hike to a beautiful place.

Shorter trail with a lot of beautiful sights. We encountered several cows along the way which our little girls loved.

Nice scenery, fun to have cows all around you. If your looking for easy, this is about as easy as they get. Parking is across the highway from the trailhead.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Took the family for a nice 2 mile round trip hike. My 3 year old rode his strider bike and loved it. There is some beautiful rock formations. Good shade too.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

very easy hike. pretty cool area at the end.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Relaxing quick hike with great scenery.

Monday, May 02, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Visited Keyhole Sink with wife on what would have been mom's 71st birthday. Keyhole was one of her favorite places to visit and it was our last hike together back in 2013 and it was a beautiful day with mom's presence all around.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

This is a pretty easy trail. I've done this trail many times since it's local for me. Great for beginners. Hiked with my dog. Easy parking across the street where there is a snowplay area. Signs well marked from old Rt 66.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

A very lovely trail with ample parking across Route 66, well marked, and easy enough to bring the 92 year old grandmother (although she was pretty tired when done!), the 10 month old baby in a carrier, and two dogs. It's pretty late in the year, so we only saw one other couple with their dog on the way back to the car. The pond was relatively small, and no waterfall at this time of year. The petroglyphs are easy to spot - although I'm sure there were more that I didn't see. We will have to come back again!

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Great nature walk with the kids 7-12 years. Extremely well marked with great parking.