Kentucky Camp Trail is a 11.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sonoita, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 11.2 miles Elevation Gain: 718 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Hike the Arizona trail to an old mining town. The hike is along good maintained dirt roads for the entire hike. Brown trail signs guide you at the junctions. Crossing the marked private land is allowed, do not enter the no tresspassing areas. There is no water available along the trail, so be sure to bring enough for your needs. The trail goes gently up to the camp gate, then down into the valley. The actual camp covers several acres. The return trip is the reverse of the trail in. As usual, be aware of critters.

We hiked approximately 3 miles in & 3 miles out. Our turnaround point was at the intersection of the OHV trail 4110. The trail was great: not too many steep inclines & not too many rolling rocks/boulders. We did encounter cattle walking the trail to the water source; however we have them a wide path. We were pleasantly surprised that the Visitors Center was open! Interesting history behind this Camp that was established in 1904.

Jeep trail 90% of the trail

Very cool seeing all the adobe structures and the visitor center was awesome.

Thu May 05 2016

didn't know what to expect but it was good exercise.

Sat Apr 02 2016

The sign said drug smuggling and illegal immigration were likely in this area so we turned around and went back.

Mon May 19 2014

I went today. I parked at the parking lot right off 83. I would recommend driving and parking as close to Kentucky Camp as you can. You can then explore the camp and hike the trails near the camp. I had already walked about six miles when I got to the camp and would rather have hiked the trails than the road.

recorded Kentucky Camp Trail