Ken Patrick Trail South from Point Imperial

Ken Patrick Trail South from Point Imperial is a 9.7 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near North Rim, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from May until October.

Distance: 9.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,236 feet Route Type: Point to Point

Directions from North Rim Entrance: Drive southward along North Rim Drive to the North Kaibab Trailhead. Turn left into the parking area and locate the trailhead on the eastern side of the lot.

Nice views, different terrains. I wouldn't say trail is difficult to hike on, but would say it is difficult to follow/find trail in some areas. This makes you wonder if u r going the right direction! Luckily, I have my AllTrails map

Fri Jul 31 2015

Great views on the canyon in the 3 miles before Point Imperial. However, the trail is not well maintained (many thorny bushes block the trail; out of the 3 miles we did, I'd say we fought these bushes for a total of one mile). The forest towards Cape Royal is clear and open. Don't try to hike along the canyon near Point Imperial IMHO.

Sat May 21 2016