Kachina Trail #150

Kachina Trail #150 is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Flagstaff, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Flagstaff: Drive 7 miles northwest of Flagstaff on US 180 and turn north (right) on the SnowBowl Road (FR 516). Follow this paved road about 7 miles to the Snow Bowl Ski Area. Drive into the first parking lot on the right (south). The Kachina trailhead is located at the south end of the parking lot.

Great hike. Easy to stay on trail. Once I got to the end I thought I would continue on the Weatherford Trail. But Weatherford was nothing new.

Hiked in about an hour and then back for we had a small dog the views and colors are gorgeous

The aspens should at their peak on this trail by the end of this week. We only went a mile in; it was beautiful.

This one can get a little technical toward the trail end with lots of roots and rocks to care for as the trail narrows. The trail is also largely hidden under lots of vegetation once you get about 3 miles in, but altogether beautiful hike. Lovely views both up to the peak and down toward town. Surprisingly heart pumping at times - 1800 ft elevation gain didn't seem like it would be much over the course of 5 miles, but it got slightly spicy from time to time.

Lush vegetation, incredible views and amazing climate in summer, especially compared to the Phoenix area of AZ

Absolutely beautiful. We started the trail at 7 am and had amazing weather. Sadly we didn't see any wildlife but were amazing with the cleanliness and beauty of the trail. We are moderate hikers and we managed it well. Being water and snacks and be prepared to stop and take pictures. Saw plenty of dogs that were doing great and loving it. Highly recommend

Gorgeous trail. The fern lined trails are breathtaking, the views are just amazing!! Just enough up and down to make it a great workout. At some points the trail is quite rocky. We did come across a large black bear near the trail, he wasn't too interested in us, and one deer. Really enjoyable!!!!!

Beautiful cedar, pine and fern-lined trail at an altitude to keep you cool in the summer.

Gorgeous trail! loved the aspen groves as well as the rock formations. Lots of ups and downs, but none long. We saw a variety of wildlife including elk, deer, a coyote, and a fox.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Ups and downs are great when starting, but not pleasurable when returning. Reviews before me described the trail very well.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Easy accessible trail, a lot of ups and downs with some flat stretches going through meadows with beautiful views. The continuing trail after the ridge could be better marked, but definitely a great workout.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

This isn't a lung-buster like its relative (Humphrey's Trail) but aside from the long stretch through the meadow, the trail has steady ups and downs through roots and small boulders. That said, you should be fit if you plan to complete this round-trip because it does feel like you're in a 5 hour step class. I enjoyed plenty of solitude during the morning hours, most likely because I started ahead of the pack at 7:30 am. It was busy on my return trip around 10:00am. Still not as busy as Humphrey's.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Beautiful trail, very scenic. Moderate traffic.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Great hike, awesome trail

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Awesome views, trail is well marked and moderately difficult. Plenty of wildlife and yes
Wilderness views were great. The only downside
Would be it is a somewhat heavily traveled trail,
mostly in the earlier part of the day.

Friday, May 27, 2016

We only hiked to the first meadow, which isn't too far in. I was with my two year old and one year old(in a carrier). I think it's a little too rocky and steep in parts for their little legs. I ended up carrying my two year old. You go up Snow Bowl Road and there's a big gravel area for parking on your right. Then the trail is tucked far in the southern side of the gravel area. When we got to the meadow the path forked? Not sure if this was a false trail or what, but you take the left fork to follow the main trail. Found that out the hard way and had to hike up hill with a big backpack and toddler with elevation I'm not used to... Anyway, what we saw was beautiful, pretty views of the surrounding area. I will go again without the kiddos, maybe in the fall. Perhaps higher stars by then?

Friday, March 11, 2016

One of my favorites. Beautiful views, visually interesting trail (aspens, boulders, wildflowers), and mild elevation gain. This is a good one to hike and turn around whenever you like. Using a car shuttle works well if you want to go the whole 10 miles one way.

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Beautiful views of the Flagstaff sky line and aspen forests. Very easy trail in general and would highly suggest anyone to take the hike.

Friday, January 29, 2016

Beautiful trail. But be careful of lightning! And don't forget your rain gear during the summer monsoon season.