Kachina Trail #150 is a 10.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Flagstaff, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Flagstaff: Drive 7 miles northwest of Flagstaff on US 180 and turn north (right) on the SnowBowl Road (FR 516). Follow this paved road about 7 miles to the Snow Bowl Ski Area. Drive into the first parking lot on the right (south). The Kachina trailhead is located at the south end of the parking lot.

Great trail! Perfect weather today. Didn’t see a single soul until I got back to the trail head. I’ll have to come back in the spring. Definitely need the micro spikes...

Absolutely gorgeous! Excellent choice for those who want to practice hiking longer trails but without too much elevation gain. Also great for those without 4WD because you can park at snowbowl!

OMG pretty. lots of dogs on the trails. all cute

loved it!

Lovely Nature Walk!

Did 7km to get ourselves acclimated, will come back and do the full hike next time.

good mix of terrain on the trail, uphill and downhill sections, lots of wildflowers and some nice views of the area. spotted a mature red necked thorny lizard basking on a rock, there seems to be lots along the trail but not fully developed into adults. watch out for falling trees!!

Always loved this trail give yourself a couple of hours to finish the whole thing and take it all in! well worth the drive ⛰

Great hike! Did the entire trail plus added a bit extra on by going up the Weatherford trail a ways before turning back - would up a little over 12 miles round trip.My wife and I enjoyed all the new growth and wild flowers after a month of some monsoon rains.It was 68 degrees - perfect, wonderful getaway from the valley. Good workout hike too,

Amazing trail. Wonderful views. One of first times using the free app. It stopped recording somehow so not exactly how far i actually hiked. Preparing to go Havasupai - this trail has lots of ups and more ups! Good work out for me. Temp in low 80’s with overcast skies made it perfect !!!

One of my favorite hikes. So beautiful!

Loved it! Good parking lot. Only hiked 2 miles in and out as it started to get more difficult for our small pup. Beautiful scenery. Good tree coverage. Definitely will be back!!

Great hike! Some spots were difficult on following the trail, but over all excellent hike!

Completing a loop of Humphrey’s Peak this was an enjoyable return to the car.

This trail is accurately rated as a moderate hike. However, this trail is at a 8800 foot elevation or higher the whole length. So, be prepared. There are many aspen groves. Therefore, this would be a great hike during the fall. Also, the views of the valley below are spectacular.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Great hike. Easy to stay on trail. Once I got to the end I thought I would continue on the Weatherford Trail. But Weatherford was nothing new.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Hiked in about an hour and then back for we had a small dog the views and colors are gorgeous

Monday, August 28, 2017

This one can get a little technical toward the trail end with lots of roots and rocks to care for as the trail narrows. The trail is also largely hidden under lots of vegetation once you get about 3 miles in, but altogether beautiful hike. Lovely views both up to the peak and down toward town. Surprisingly heart pumping at times - 1800 ft elevation gain didn't seem like it would be much over the course of 5 miles, but it got slightly spicy from time to time.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Lush vegetation, incredible views and amazing climate in summer, especially compared to the Phoenix area of AZ

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Absolutely beautiful. We started the trail at 7 am and had amazing weather. Sadly we didn't see any wildlife but were amazing with the cleanliness and beauty of the trail. We are moderate hikers and we managed it well. Being water and snacks and be prepared to stop and take pictures. Saw plenty of dogs that were doing great and loving it. Highly recommend

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Gorgeous trail. The fern lined trails are breathtaking, the views are just amazing!! Just enough up and down to make it a great workout. At some points the trail is quite rocky. We did come across a large black bear near the trail, he wasn't too interested in us, and one deer. Really enjoyable!!!!!

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Beautiful cedar, pine and fern-lined trail at an altitude to keep you cool in the summer.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Gorgeous trail! loved the aspen groves as well as the rock formations. Lots of ups and downs, but none long. We saw a variety of wildlife including elk, deer, a coyote, and a fox.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Ups and downs are great when starting, but not pleasurable when returning. Reviews before me described the trail very well.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Easy accessible trail, a lot of ups and downs with some flat stretches going through meadows with beautiful views. The continuing trail after the ridge could be better marked, but definitely a great workout.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

This isn't a lung-buster like its relative (Humphrey's Trail) but aside from the long stretch through the meadow, the trail has steady ups and downs through roots and small boulders. That said, you should be fit if you plan to complete this round-trip because it does feel like you're in a 5 hour step class. I enjoyed plenty of solitude during the morning hours, most likely because I started ahead of the pack at 7:30 am. It was busy on my return trip around 10:00am. Still not as busy as Humphrey's.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Beautiful trail, very scenic. Moderate traffic.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Great hike, awesome trail

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Awesome views, trail is well marked and moderately difficult. Plenty of wildlife and yes
Wilderness views were great. The only downside
Would be it is a somewhat heavily traveled trail,
mostly in the earlier part of the day.

Friday, May 27, 2016

We only hiked to the first meadow, which isn't too far in. I was with my two year old and one year old(in a carrier). I think it's a little too rocky and steep in parts for their little legs. I ended up carrying my two year old. You go up Snow Bowl Road and there's a big gravel area for parking on your right. Then the trail is tucked far in the southern side of the gravel area. When we got to the meadow the path forked? Not sure if this was a false trail or what, but you take the left fork to follow the main trail. Found that out the hard way and had to hike up hill with a big backpack and toddler with elevation I'm not used to... Anyway, what we saw was beautiful, pretty views of the surrounding area. I will go again without the kiddos, maybe in the fall. Perhaps higher stars by then?