Javelina to Pima Wash and Beverly Canyon Loop

Javelina to Pima Wash and Beverly Canyon Loop is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 3.9 miles Elevation Gain: 551 feet Route Type: Loop

I've done a good bit of hiking in the South Mts and my friend and I agreed that this was one of the most boring trails we've hiked in this area. It's easy enough to follow if you look at the map on AllTrails. But I can't understand how it gets the 4+ stars and a moderate rating. It's an easy tail that includes very little incline, and, compared to other S Mt trails, this one doesn't have all the colorful blooms that many others had this year. I can see this being a good trail if you're a beginner trail runner or mountain biker. As for hikers, I would recommend leaving this trail for them and checking out another, more interesting and challenging trail like Hidden Valley Loop or Holbert.

Not an easy trail to mountain bike. Very technical.

Easy to navigate and relatively easy for a nice 4 mile hike. Good for mountain bikes, but can get a little tricky with a lot of rocks and ups/downs. We walked it, but saw a lot of bikers that did not look super experienced. Good for trail running, too. All in all, one of my favorite hikes so far in the Phoenix area, mostly because it was such a good, straightforward hike only 10 miles from my place.

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Super pleasant walk. Not challenging. Beware of mountain bikers sharing the trail.

recorded Recording - Feb 18 11:34 AM