Javelina Canyon and Ridgeline Loop Trail

Javelina Canyon and Ridgeline Loop Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

So much fun doing this trail today!

Great views along ridge line at night.

Took a wrong turn and ended up on the ridge which added another 1.5 miles which was totally worth it!!

Amazing views from the Ridgeview section of this walk. Only 3.5 miles but lots of climbing to get those views. On the challenging side of moderate.

A lot of significant climbing up and steep downhill areas. Beautiful hike but more challenging than expected. Took my two dogs and they were exhausted at the end.

This was a fun trail! Some incline areas but not difficult at all. We went Beverly and around to ridge line then javelina and really enjoyed this trail.

This trail was a little rocky in certain parts. Lots of little incline sections. I would totally do this trail again. We were able to take our 3 and 6 year old as well and they loved it!

easily marked trail. Grest for biking.

Great hike, perfect for sunsets. Great views of downtown PHX.

Fun trail with some climbing, a few tight corners and a section on a thin highly exposed side of a small peak. Nice practice for the harder trails.

Great views Trail is Ricky and slippery so be careful.

I brought my small dog with me. I was not a huge fan of this trail. There were lots of fast mountain bikers that you constantly had to look out for. I am a fan of rocky trails, this was more of a pebble sand/dirt trail that did not have many rocks to climb. Most of the trail is on a consistent inclined as it goes up the mountain. There is also a random building that shows up about a third of a mile into the hike that was kind of noisy. It is not as crowded as the Mormon trail which is a great trail and I highly recommend it.

The trail name is wrong because this loop doesn't go through Beverly Canyon at all, which might be why there was some confusion on following the trail for another reviewer. The trails you are actually hiking are Ridgeline Trail and Javelina Canyon.

Started on Ridgeline and hiked west-ish to pick up Javelina Canyon. Ridgeline is on the high end of moderate, lots of climbing and descending over - of course - the ridgeline. Beautiful views but zero shade except in some of the "dips" when we were out there around 3pm. This is definitely not a mid day hike from April-September. Views from the tops of hills were incredible.

At the end of Ridgeline we headed north to Javelina Canyon, but you can go south and pick up some other trails. Javelina Canyon had a lot of shade at that time of day and it was nice and cool compared to the top of Ridgeline. Much easier part of the hike to finish us out. Both trails were easy to follow and the end of Ridgeline is well marked so you know where to go next.

All together, it took about 90 minutes to complete the loop.

False advertising as Easy! I went with a friend who is not a hiker, runner and overweight! There were so many trails and no signs at the junctures! This is app route was not easy to navigate and the ridge trail was moderate! Who sets the grading as easy to hard? I hate to see what you call moderate, experienced hikers?!

I did this trail a few days ago it wasn't a bad trail but wasn't a great one either there's a lot of sections that are not very easy to get over on the MTB due to water drainage down the mountain side.

Friday, December 16, 2016

Great trail for all levels. Great scenery of the city

Monday, December 12, 2016

I do this hike often as it's close to home. Busy on weekends! You can extend your hike across ridge line or down to Pima canyon and back over Beverly for a 4 mile easy hike.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Went up with kids on the Ridgeline Trail. Moderate difficulty. Great views! About half way on Ridgeline, switched over to the Beverly Canyon Trail and turned back around. BC was much less hilly. Total about 2.5 miles. Would definitely do again.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Good hike. Took our dog and two children (ages 7 and 2) our two year old made it almost the entire hike. We ended up doing the Javelina side and not Beverly because people there said Beverly would be tough with the kids.