Jacob's Crosscut Trail

Jacob's Crosscut Trail is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Did this as a quick sunset hike. Cannot beat the views. Easy trail and quick for those in a time crunch. Small parking lot off to the left, easy to miss.

I’m a sucker for the Superstition Mntns & will always love the view there even though I was a little disappointed by this hike. It basically just took me to Treasure Trail, which I love. It’s of course beautiful... but... I was hoping for something a little different.

Beautiful for sunrise hike! Didn’t have to go far to see the pretty views during the sunrise. Took my little morkie as well and she did fine on the trail.

Long and tough hike but worth the view at the end

Saturday, May 20, 2017

I hiked with my dog early (7am) saw 4/5 people. Wide trail, some loose rock, many lizards and one big green snake. I took a little detour up to "praying hands" the top of ridge where I could see to the other side of mt. There was a nice little cave to rest and have a snack, but that trail was steep and lots of loose rock but well worth the 10 extra minutes. Windy breeze was refreshing before going back down the path.
I gave it a 4 just because it was a little too easy but still a great hike

Monday, January 23, 2017

enjoyable

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

There were too many people on this trail. I prefer the Superstitions! Lots of people "working out" or wanting to be "seen" instead? Also a few people in serious training mode and would knock you off the mountain if you got I the way. View is great, not much of an area to sit and relax. Extremely pointy and sharp at the top.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Did this as a ranger led moon light hike. This should tell you a couple of things: First, the trail is very easy, wide and fairly flat. It was a leisurely stroll through the desert. Doing it at night via the moon was fun and I enjoyed that portion.

recorded cross cut