Jacob's Crosscut Trail

Jacob's Crosscut Trail is a 8.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from October until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike not far from town.

Nice easy trail, sunny, not really what I would call rocky. I'll post a photo.Did see a rattlesnake in the middle of the trail. Used by locals for horseback riding. Trail is narrow in places so vegetation is close, when it's warm keep an eye open for rattlers.

Beautiful flowers on the trail.

Thursday, June 02, 2016

There is still a designated parking area for this trailhead right at the end of Broadway Ave. The trail splits not too far in (sorry, I didn't pay attention to distance) and I chose the northern trail called Jacob's Crosscut. It's an easy trail in that it's fairly level without much gain in elevation but it is incredibly rocky. I did a 3 mile out and back. It was pretty in the foothills. But because of the rocks I don't care to hike it again.