Inspiration Point

Inspiration Point is a 5.7 mile out and back trail located near Scottsdale, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A challenging trail, but you wouldn’t know that for the first 3/4 of a mile. After that, there’s a lot of uphill. I like it because it is Rocky in quite a lot of the climb areas. Nice to get views looking south over the valley towards South Mountain, as from South Mountain two weeks ago I got good views across the valley looking towards Tom‘s thumb in the NE.

I gave this trail a three stars because it was full of a lot of rocks. I tripped a lot and so did my boyfriend. We are not novice hikers and are in great shape. It just wasn't ideal for sight seeing as you hike because you have to look down the whole time so you don't roll and ankle. It's beautiful scenery though and a fantastic workout as you really have to lift your feet higher and grip the earth more. I would do it again but only if I was up for a good challenge. We went 6.75 miles and it took us a little less than 3 hours.

Felt like a stairclimber all the way out. GREAT exercise!!!

Great hike and great views all along the way. I would rate this trail as a middle of the road moderate. Some of the incline was a bit more difficult but all and all a moderate hike with a great spot to hike to.

Very nice and easy hike.

Great alternative to the Gateway Loop.

My first hike after total hip replacement 5 months ago. Loved it. Challenging ascents higher up. Beautiful views. Satisfying and inspiring to do more.

Great trail for hiking in the morning. Be sure to wear sturdy shoes as the trail is very rocky and uneven. Don’t be discouraged by all the people at the trailhead; things clear out once you get past the Gateway Trail.

I calculated 7 miles and 81 floors from Gateway Trailhead and then taking the loop on my return. I would consider it moderate to difficult in some spots but well worth the trek. Not highly populated and gorgeous views. One of my favorites.

Beautiful views, great hike! Make sure to bring plenty of water.

great run, pretty challenging to keep a pace up the hill

Very scenic spot. Great for taking pictures. The hike up to it has many spectacular views of DC Ranch and the surrounding McDowell Mountains.

I hiked this in early May on a beautiful cloudy/cool day. My hike was more like 7.3 miles due to the fact that I went all the way to Windgate Pass. There is a stone bench to use for taking a rest and soaking up the scenery. It's really cool to see The Lookout and Mcdowell and Drinkwater Peaks looming above, while the neighborhood of DC Ranch lies below. You can also see how far you've come from Gateway. Nice scenic spot.

Great trail! Took us about 2.5 hours. Only downside is the bugs were terrible!

Had a great hike, very gradual incline up until very close to the top where it became a bit more challenging but worth the effort. Beautiful scenery.

Pretty rocky but not a lot of elevation. I was able to run at least 50%. Beautiful views!

Monday, February 20, 2017

fun hike with great views

Monday, February 13, 2017

This trail was a nice distance for a weekend hike. Great scenery.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Great hike with a view worth seeing! Nice rock benches with shade at top. Lots of access to other trails to extend your hike.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Great trail. A workout but didn't kill us.