Inner Basin Trail

Inner Basin Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Flagstaff, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I LOVE this hike! It’s my second time going and I will keep on coming back in the future! Some things to note from this trail is that it is
1. Up the mountain which requires you to drive up a 1 way dirt road (so go slowly!) 2. There is a steep incline near the end of the trail so if that is a problem I recommend just going until the end of the forest trail and turning around.
But other than that this hike is fun, a little challenging, and offered great smells, beautiful scenery, and is just overall great. I recommend going in either mid spring or summer as there might be snow anytime before that. And the trees will provide enough coverage to block out the hot summer sun!

Gorgeous hike, not too strenuous, amazing views. Easy with a steep incline at the end, and the weather was cool the whole time. Took somewhere around 3-5 hours to finish, but I took the trail slowly to soak it all in. Keep in mind there is a dirt road on the way to the trailhead, but it was nothing the sedan couldn't handle. Highly recommended.

Great gradual incline hike! Our pup loved it!

Awesome place with amazing scenery. Would love to come back.

This is a beautiful trail. I took it to Weathorford and then Weathorford to Humphreys Peak. That made it 16 miles round trip, so if you're going to do that bring plenty of water. Took me about 7 1/2 hours with only a few brief stops to apply sunscreen (which you really need!) or pull some food out of my pack to eat as I hiked. There was snow covering weathorford in a couple of places on the side of a mountain so that was exciting/scary depending on the condition of your quads at the time (on the way up, sort of fun; on the way down...I just didn't want to slip and die).

hiked it on the way up to the Weatherford trail and then to Humphreys trail. Alot of snow once you get to the spruce forrest

Loved the aspens

Beautiful aspens along the way, good workout with the incline and elevation!