Hugh Norris Trail

Hugh Norris Trail is a 9.5 mile out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and horses and is best used from September until May. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Gorgeous hike. Extremely well-built trail. Views throughout. Probably the easiest summit hike around Tucson.

Great elevation gain. The stairs make it an interesting hike. Beautiful desert scenery!

Really awesome trail. Great views. Lots of stairs at the beginning though.

A great hike. With some amazing views

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

I had been on the Sweetwater and King Canyon trails on the way to Wasson Peak in the past. This past weekend, I took this one (Hugh Norris). In my humble opinion, this is the most scenic way to Wasson peak. I simply couldn't stop taking pictures along the way. In fact, I took so many pictures, I didn't have time to go all the way to the end of the trail. So I've only seen about the first two miles. The incline is pretty reasonable for the part I did. Can't wait to see the rest!

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Great trail and we made it to Wasson peak. Started early so it wasn't too hot and returned on the Sweetwater and Kings Canyon trail. Loved the pictographs

Sunday, February 21, 2016

This was the first hike of our SE Arizona vacation. It was incredible! The trail is well maintained. There are erosion steps for the first mile or so. The grade is steady, not too steep, all the way to Wasson Peak, where you will find amazing panoramic views of the Tucson area. We met many other friendly hikers on the trail.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Definitely need a lot of water, and you should start early. Starting at 8am I went through 3L and this was in Feb. when it was only 83° and its peak. Took me a good 5hrs round trip, not pushing too hard and taking a lunch break at the peak. Some beautiful views of the surrounding area and saguaro fields. Very little shade throughout, and when the sun gets above the peaks there is even less. No facilities or water.

Monday, January 04, 2016

Awesome trail. Very easy to navigate and beautiful from the trail head to the peak.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

This is a trail heavy with step work. Trail construction is great. Beautiful scenery.

Thursday, October 29, 2015

What a terrific well constructed trail. From the parking lot to the 2 mile marker you can experience an extreme step-up work out. Each turn is panoramic with views overlooking so many beautiful spots as far as you can see. This was my 1st time on the trail and certainly not my last. Bring plenty of water as this hike will keep you thirsty.

Friday, August 14, 2015

As a novice, this trail was challenging but beautiful. It is uphill all the way. And then i got lost, taking a wrong turn off the trail coming down, requiring park ranger rescue. Mostly my fault I am sure. Gorgeous views. Bring lots and lots of water and pay attention to the trail; it was 108 today, August 13.

Friday, March 27, 2015

great trail maybe the best way to get up wasson

Thursday, May 02, 2013

Long trail, more like 9.8-10 miles out and back. Almost completely uphill the way there. Would strongly recommend getting an early start as it gets hot pretty fast in the afternoon.