Huckaby Trail

Huckaby Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

This was a nice, definitely moderate trail. If you're in great shape, hike often, are well-equipped to handle the heat during the summer months, and have no little ones, then yes, I suppose it can be described as an easy trail. West Fork is easy as is Slide Rock or Parsons. I say this to offer a warning to those that read other reviews describing this trail as easy. It gets hot and there are some decent ascents that will challenge you, if at the very least, give you a decent workout. If you have young children be prepared to stop often for water breaks. If you are backpacking or carrying toddlers, you'll feel it. But, the water is so nice once you get to it. There are even some nice rocks to sun bathe on. We cooled off, ate some lunch, and hiked back to the trailhead (kiddos and all) as temps were hovering around 100°. They handled it like little troopers but still stopped several times for water. So, having said all that, my family and I will definitely do this again but will most assuredly start earlier in the day to beat the heat.

Overall this was a nice hike. Our only frustration was that Google maps took us to a private driveway, which was about 1.5 miles further north on 89N than where we were supposed to start. The owner of the property said it happens a lot. He directed us north on 89 to the Midgley Bridge, and we accessed the trail from there (and hiked back toward Sedona). So... if you want to start on the southern end (near town) take Schnebly Hill Road to the trailhead. Regarding the hike itself, It offered beautiful views of Sedona on one end, a couple creek crossings and nice views at the other end near Midgley Bridge. The middle section was nothing special but provided good shade - Average work out, on the easier to moderate side.

Very picturesque! Multiple water crossings and opportunities to swim.

Mountain bikes it from the top down. Fun trail but I would rate it as expert.

a favorite as a local.

Easy hike enjoyed the views the Bridge is great

Great!!

Fun, pretty easy and we love putting our feet in the creek at the end!

Great trail!

Trail can be easy to lose around the beginning, but overall a good hike. The scenic views are beautiful but you do see the town and the major road. Once you get down to the creek it's totally worth the visit.

Solid hike

3 stars compared to other Sedona hikes. Can hear traffic on AZ89A, just across Oak Creek, though not bad on a January weekday. Can be a wet shoe crossing of stream if you want to hike up to Midgley Bridge.

Views are stunning! Trail was in good shape and easy to follow.

Love this trail. Easy hike to the bridge and creek. One of Sedona's best in my opinion.

Beautiful hike, something for everyone, views and the creek, definitely recommend!

Great trail perfect weather. Come early parking is at a premium but what views!!

This is a great easy trail. The trail starts with views of the Main Street and shops from across the creek (a view much less seen) and west Sedona in the background. Followed by views to the north with Oak Creek bellow. After that the trail drops down next to the creek then crossing the creek taking you to the Midgley Bridge.

Super easy trail with beautiful views of Oak Creek, popular nearby rock formations, and Sedona’s downtown district. Not too far out in nature to be “secluded” but far enough out to enjoy nice views and beautiful flora and fauna. Trail dog friendly (as long as they are leashed) but I’d be careful of the first stretch of the hike and all the cacti right along the trail in case your pup likes to nose around in things!

This trail was easy to follow and the flora was very diverse and beautiful. The creek at the end of the turn around point was a great place to relax and have a snack before heading back up to the trailhead.

One of my favorite hikes in the area! The views of the town are beautiful and when you get down to the creeks it’s breathtaking! So peaceful! I also liked how it was not as highly trafficked like other trials in the area. I will definitely be doing this one again!

Looking forward to visiting this trail again. There’s enough shade, you can hear the running creek and there’s beautiful views of downtown Sedona and the bridge to the north.

Fun hike looking down then hiking down to Oak Creek. Not very difficult climbs but has really nice views of downtown Sedona and the Oak Creek Canyon.

Great for dogs!

Wonderful

Very steep and mind of like a goat Trail in some places but the Vista at the top was aaaaammmmazing!!!! Awesome & definitely worth it.

This is a great trail, that has lots of different types of terrain. There are great views from the top, as well as some swimming areas at the bottom. We did this as a "warmup hike" for the week, and it was a great option!

First 1/2 mile leads down to the stream

We walked to the trailhead from town. There is parking at the trailhead but a pass is required. There is a kiosk to purchase your pass. the trail begins down a meandering path, but soon begins to declined​ into a canyon. It continues up the side of a hill. At the top you get a panoramic view of Sedona. we continued a little farther then turned back. Our hike was just under 2 miles.

Monday, June 12, 2017

we've finally found a trail that even our families could find pleasant and doable. crossing the creek was enjoyable. To heck with jumping across rocks to get to the other side. with my luck, I would've slipped and fallen into the water. We hiked from the midgley bridge trail head over to the margs draw trail head.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Beautiful views, good workout, and creek access. My friends and I loved it