Huckaby Trail

Huckaby Trail is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

we've finally found a trail that even our families could find pleasant and doable. crossing the creek was enjoyable. To heck with jumping across rocks to get to the other side. with my luck, I would've slipped and fallen into the water. We hiked from the midgley bridge trail head over to the margs draw trail head.

Beautiful views, good workout, and creek access. My friends and I loved it

great trail to bring a water-loving dog! at least about a mile.in fro. Midgely Bridge. we started at the bridge, and it was truly delightful and refreshing at the bottom. after about a mile in this way however, the shade disappears as we climb; and the views got disappointing as well, with too much awareness of the traffic on 89A. so we turned around at 1.5 miles.

I got to trail head early, to make sure parking was available. Very limited parking here. You have to cross several streams on this trail. The first one was easy even though I slipped in. Shallow water, no big deal. The second stream was deeper with a fast current. Rocks were wet, and I decided not to chance it being I was carrying my DSL camera. So, be aware that you will get wet feet on this trail! I only got a mile and turned around.

Not sure about some of the low ratings I'm seeing, particularly when they don't say why. For the hike being "in town", we thought it was very good. We had no problems following the trail (there are signs in a couple of places to help) and going to at least the creek crossing makes it much more rewarding. We saw a good variety of wild flowers and more of them than most hikes in the Sedona area (I'm sure seasons play into this).

View is nice. We don't have enough time to finish the trail. But definitely like the view.