Huckaby Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.7 miles Elevation Gain: 902 feet Route Type: Out & Back

bridge out

It can be hiked from the Schnebly Hill trailhead (as described herein) or from Midgley Bridge.

Long stroll in the sun. Not much shade or elevation. Halfway through you get a nice view of the town and the red rocks. We didn’t make it all the way to the river because we came upon a rattlesnake and noped back.

A great way to experience oak creek! We hiked a bit past the bridge at the end of the trail for 5.82 mile, 3 hour round trip hike. This was an easy, shaded trail. 7 AM start was perfect for avoiding crowds.

Loved this hike. Best part was soaking our feet in the river. Beware, there is a frat party area that you run into with lots of college kids when you first run into the river - so if that is not your scene, continue going past that and there are foot paths to quieter entry points on the river that are incredible.

My boyfriend and I had a beautiful time on this trail. Not too many people right now. What a great time!

Did this trail today with my boyfriend. We took it a little slower than we usually would a trail, just to capture amazing pictures. It took us 2 hours, with stops as mentioned. The trail is very easy to follow, exceptional views. The bulk of the elevation is at the end of the hike. You’ll follow the trail down to the river and climb back up. Not too crowded, partial shade, some bugs but not many. I’d recommend to start earlier rather than later in the day. Enjoy.

I did this trail with my 4 kids ages 9months to 9 years old. This trail is amazing and so beautiful! there is so much for them to take in and appreciate the beauty. The views are incredible. We played in the creek thats about a mile down

We hiked this trail with beautiful weather today, 78 degrees, with lots of sun, breezy, shade along parts of the trail-underneath trees. The trail was in wonderful condition and minimal hikers due to COVID-19 right now. It’s beautiful and we’ll be back for sure!

Long windy down and uphill trail for a few miles, would have been much worse in heat over 90. Follows the creek the last mile or so which is a nice reprieve from a hot hike. Beautiful views overlooking Sedona. Cost 5$ pass and there is a machine at trailhead.

Nice trail with easy access from Rancho Sedona RV Park. The trail is rocky at times so wear comfortable light weight hiking shoes. Bring plenty of water and wear a hat since you will be exposed to the sun most of the time. It's an enjoyable hike which takes less than 3 hours round-trip from the RV park.

Awesome trail I have live here for 16 years and years and this was my first time. Challenging but not impossible.

I tried this one since the popular hikes were closed during COVID-19. It was pretty satisfactory, easy to find, but you do pay $5 parking. This trail is a relatively easy walking trail. It ends at the water technically, but you can keep going until you find a place you want to sit for awhile. The water is deep enough for swimming in some places. My dog loved it!

Beautiful trail! A little narrow, but it was a beautiful hike.

fee

This hike was beautiful, not very popular, was able to park at the trail head. There is a $5 daily fee but can take care. Got a little lost at the end but was able to still follow different trails to see the area and find our way back.

Great hike! I recommend doing this early in the day due to the heat. Plan on spending time down at creek to eat and rest, you’ll need it! Beautiful views and scenery. We hiked from Rancho Sedona RV park which was fine but looking back, I would have rose our bikes and locked to the trail head.

Great trail. Someone said it’s only accessible to Sedona residents, not true. Did the hike two days ago, no restrictions.

Great hike with some decent water for fishing. Small rainbow trout. Was very quiet early in the day.

Very nice trail down to Oak Creek

Trail was not busy at all due to Covid 19. One of my new faves cuz it combines great views of the city, washes to hike across, then Oak Creek. Good mix of sun initially from SH trailhead then shade as you get to OC. I didn't hear any of the traffic or construction noise discussed in earlier reviews, but again, C19 issues helped that; hardly heard any cars or trucks the entire trip. Most of the noise either came from OC itself or the young kids on the other side of the bank who probably came down from Midgley bridge.

FYI this is open per the National Forest website but they’re only allowing Sedona residents to utilize the trail.

Amazing trail went March 21st 2020 a few days after recent rain and the water was flowing, nice and clear, water running off the mountains, views were awesome. would definitely recommend this trail

Great views, pretty stream, and well marked trail. Would definitely do again!

A rocky narrow pretty steep up and down trail. Not too much noise on a Sunday. The biggest noise was the roar of the creek. Great views of the town and rocks. For those get a little edgy on heights like me, the 2 mile marker was a little challenging but a very good hike that feels longer than its distance.

A nice sunset hike. I went just a couple miles in. Very little traffic. I met one couple along the way. It crosses a very nice and tranquil stream. Views of Sedona at higher elevation. City noise. Parking costs $5.

We like this trail. Not too easy and not too hard. Nice at the end to sit by the creek and have a snack. Seeing comments about the construction going on in town and I guess if you don’t like the sound of progress, maybe not the hike for you.

I do not like how this trail is right by the road, too many cars and honking, too much noise.

Rocky trail but super gorgeous and dog friendly! Had some good elevation changes.

Construction noise and views of town most of the way. We stopped two miles out and turned around when the highway department fired up their pile driver. Lots of truck backing up noise most of the route. The views start out nice but soon you are looking down at the city. There are a ton of better trails around.