Hope Camp Coyote Wash and Ruiz Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(31)
Saguaro National Park

Hope Camp Coyote Wash and Ruiz Trail Loop is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Vail, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.8 miles Elevation Gain: 469 feet Route Type: Loop

Saw lots of wildflowers and one cactus in bloom. Very enjoyable!

Lovely trail with the flowers. Too many people on the Hope Canyon trail.

Great trail. Loved walking in my he wash at the end. Gorgeous. Well marked.

Tue Jan 22 2019

I explored Ridge Line Trail then decided to go Quilter's Trail to Coyote Wash. Ended up on the main trail. Enjoyed the views,terrain and that walk in the wash was unexpectedly amazing! Follow the mule tracks!!

Thu Dec 13 2018

Great escape with great views. Walking through Coyote Wash Trail alone was terrifying for me. I'm overly alert when I'm alone and easily startled. Good times, though.

Wed Jan 31 2018

Serene morning hike. Easy trails.

Wed Jan 31 2018

I do this hike often as I live nearby. The first 2/3 are great, and I love that I never run into anyone after the Ruiz trail turnoff. 4 stars because 1.5 miles are through the wash.

Sat Mar 11 2017

I like this trail a lot. My husband and I are both in our 60's. It took 2.75 hrs. Watch for the turnoff toward Ruiz Trail. The first half was perfect. It only got a four because the second half you walk in lots of washes and takes more energy.

Sat Jan 19 2019