Hiline to Templeton to Slim Shady via Yavapai Point

Hiline to Templeton to Slim Shady via Yavapai Point is a 7.4 mile loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

So far it's my favorite moderate trail in Sedona. I went clockwise along with the bikes. this is a double black diamond mountain bike trail, but we hiked it and it was moderate. I liked it because it offered beautiful forest, great views, slickrock hiking, a stream! and a way to beat the crowds

A great run route! The climbs are worth the work because the views are awesome! If I had more time on this trip I’d repeat this course.

Fairly easy trail with beautiful views and varied terrain.

This trip we did over 30 trails around Sedona - this is probably our favourite. Make sure you carry plenty of water.

Hiline is definitely the best trail I have done so far, even though we did only half of it. We stopped at the Saddle and had lunch. The view is breathtaking.

We hiked this the morning after monsoon rains. There were rivulets of water cascading down the red rocks that shimmered in the sunlight. Beautiful! We did the hike in a clockwise direction, heading up to Hiline first. Really Enjoyed the different views of Cathedral Rock. The lower part of Hiline goes through and down a lot of creek washes. Be careful if it is actively raining. We took a break along Oak Creek and ate some snacks before climbing up to Cathedral Rock trailhead. Total hike took us about 3 hours hiking at a decent pace (24 min/mi).

Saturday, May 21, 2016