Hieroglyphic Trail

Hieroglyphic Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, rock climbing, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

At the end of this trail are petroglyphs and small waterfalls in early spring. Note: do not park on the side of the road - you will get towed. Instead be sure to park in the parking lot area.

A beautiful hike and easy!! You will enjoy this hike!!

Lovely little hike and perfect for dogs!

Great and easy trail! We hiked with our daughter and she had fun as well. I do enjoy the other trails a little better than this one, at the Superstition Mountains. At the top of the trail there were lots of mosquitoes and bees, by the water, so just be careful. Beautiful views!

the views were great, the trail is a little off of a neighborhood but it's not too difficult. it gets 4 stars cuz there are better trails at the superstition mountains but if u have beginners with u it's a great trail. it deserves 4.25 or 4.5 stars. not too many bugs but they're there. a bee got close to my girlfriend and she dropped her backpack and ran back down the trail 50 yards lol. I couldn't believe it lol

This was a great super easy hike! So awesome seeing the Petroglyphs at the end of the trail. It's a very rocky trail so be sure to wear good supportive footwear. I went around 3:00pm on a Thursday in late May and I had the entire trail all to myself.

I love this trail! Although, sometimes the 'river' is dried up durning certain months, it's still a beautiful and easy trail!

Me and my 12 year old daughter hiked this trail today and we LOVED it!!! Tripped about due to how rocky it is, but the view was gorgeous!! Not much traffic at 6:15am which was nice. By the time we were hiking back down (7:45a) more people were in the trail. It was peaceful and serene.

Love it when there's been a lot of rain so we can soak our feet at the end.

Always a pretty home. Good exercise without being difficult. Even with the rain last night there's only standing water now - no running water.

Nice hike. Need good shoes and drinking water. Very nice views from the top!!

nice easy hike, and although there wasn't running water there was still pools of water with tad poles and water bugs. my kids enjoyed the abundance of life in thia desert oasis.

That was a great trail! We took our 10 and 6 year old boys and our 1 year old black lab. Our family loved the hike, but it was too much for our dog and the sharp rocks tore the pads of his paws. We will be going back again but leaving our pup at home!

Great hike for anyone. Easy and beautiful views along the way and nice little cove to rest at the top. You can rock climb up there too, which we did while others rested and ate lunch. Took about and hour or less to get up and then 30-45 min coming down.