Hieroglyphic Trail

Hieroglyphic Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

At the end of this trail are petroglyphs and small waterfalls in early spring. Note: do not park on the side of the road - you will get towed. Instead be sure to park in the parking lot area.

Fun trail. It's a gradual uphill hike all the way to the beautiful rocks which sometimes fill with cascading water. This time of year no water, more like a small puddle full of wasps. Be careful. We also saw a beautiful colored lizard 年 on our way back. I now wonder if that was someone's pet. I'll post a picture. We got close enough, without it scurrying away. My dad even poured some water on a rock and it approached and drank water as it was being poured. That's definitely not something I've seen before. We arrived 7am and got back 9:30am we hanged around the top for a while.

There wasn't any water when I went, but it was fun and not too challenging! Very pretty...

Great sunset hike up to the hieroglyphics. Beautiful as you get up in the canyon and the glpyhs are in really good shape.

The trail on the way is pretty awesome & I saw a really cool rainbow lizard (sorry I'm stupid and don't know what it's called). I also saw a rattlesnake though so just keep your eyes open for them! Be sure to wake up early for this hike because there isn't shade on it. Easy trail to follow though & not too strenuous

A beautiful hike and easy!! You will enjoy this hike!!

Lovely little hike and perfect for dogs!