Hieroglyphic Trail

Hieroglyphic Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

At the end of this trail are petroglyphs and small waterfalls in early spring. Note: do not park on the side of the road - you will get towed. Instead be sure to park in the parking lot area.

29 minutes ago

It was my first time so beautiful we got there at 5 am due to being summer and it gets hot! Love it definitely not hard next time bring bug spray so many mosquitos!! But overall beautiful view!

This was a beautiful and scenic hike. The petrolyphs were amazing.

The trail is easy, especially easy being that I was not at 110 percent. slightly gimpy foot. We were blessed with clouds and it had rained that night and front was moving through, so the temperature was very mild.

We went in January. It was COLD but beautiful.

Fun trail. It's a gradual uphill hike all the way to the beautiful rocks which sometimes fill with cascading water. This time of year no water, more like a small puddle full of wasps. Be careful. We also saw a beautiful colored lizard 年 on our way back. I now wonder if that was someone's pet. I'll post a picture. We got close enough, without it scurrying away. My dad even poured some water on a rock and it approached and drank water as it was being poured. That's definitely not something I've seen before. We arrived 7am and got back 9:30am we hanged around the top for a while.