Hieroglyphic Trail

Hieroglyphic Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

At the end of this trail are petroglyphs and small waterfalls in early spring. Note: do not park on the side of the road - you will get towed. Instead be sure to park in the parking lot area.

Fun trail. It's a gradual uphill hike all the way to the beautiful rocks which sometimes fill with cascading water. This time of year no water, more like a small puddle full of wasps. Be careful. We also saw a beautiful colored lizard 年 on our way back. I now wonder if that was someone's pet. I'll post a picture. We got close enough, without it scurrying away. My dad even poured some water on a rock and it approached and drank water as it was being poured. That's definitely not something I've seen before. We arrived 7am and got back 9:30am we hanged around the top for a while.

There wasn't any water when I went, but it was fun and not too challenging! Very pretty...

Great sunset hike up to the hieroglyphics. Beautiful as you get up in the canyon and the glpyhs are in really good shape.

The trail on the way is pretty awesome & I saw a really cool rainbow lizard (sorry I'm stupid and don't know what it's called). I also saw a rattlesnake though so just keep your eyes open for them! Be sure to wake up early for this hike because there isn't shade on it. Easy trail to follow though & not too strenuous

A beautiful hike and easy!! You will enjoy this hike!!

Lovely little hike and perfect for dogs!

Great and easy trail! We hiked with our daughter and she had fun as well. I do enjoy the other trails a little better than this one, at the Superstition Mountains. At the top of the trail there were lots of mosquitoes and bees, by the water, so just be careful. Beautiful views!

the views were great, the trail is a little off of a neighborhood but it's not too difficult. it gets 4 stars cuz there are better trails at the superstition mountains but if u have beginners with u it's a great trail. it deserves 4.25 or 4.5 stars. not too many bugs but they're there. a bee got close to my girlfriend and she dropped her backpack and ran back down the trail 50 yards lol. I couldn't believe it lol

This was a great super easy hike! So awesome seeing the Petroglyphs at the end of the trail. It's a very rocky trail so be sure to wear good supportive footwear. I went around 3:00pm on a Thursday in late May and I had the entire trail all to myself.

I love this trail! Although, sometimes the 'river' is dried up durning certain months, it's still a beautiful and easy trail!