Hieroglyphic Trail

Hieroglyphic Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

At the end of this trail are petroglyphs and small waterfalls in early spring. Note: do not park on the side of the road - you will get towed. Instead be sure to park in the parking lot area.

Nice hike . Would do it again

Definitely not easy; more of a moderate hike on rocky terrain. The petroglyphs are a nice bonus at the top. Very heavy traffic.

The trail is lovely. Parking was difficult.

Great hike, it was a bit crowded but we went on the weekend! The view at the top is great and very neat to see all the ancient carvings in the rocks!

A short easy hike to some fake some real petroglyphs. The waterfall was dry today and the limited water at the top was dirty and had some garbage in it.

nice trail. Pretty rocky, but beautiful

Easy to moderate trail. Beautiful day we had for our hike. Took us roughly 2 hours to take in all the beauty

great hike beautiful view great for kids and pets.

A little misleading as far as easy, it’s definitely rocky especially at the end of the trail! Still amazing we brought our two year old it was a little too much for him! Enjoyed it overall glad we went!

Very nice hike. Get there early, parking can get crazy and the trail gets busy the later you are there. Remember to pack in and pack out and that includes what your dog does. No one wants to see little green bags along the side of the trail.

Lots of kids

Nice Day! Nice People on the trail of all ages. But lots of them. Great family hike.

Great Family Hike

Nice easy hike. My Jack Russell had a blast! Started getting pretty busy on our way out around 10:30.

Another easy trail with slight continuous incline. Nothing treacherous or hard. Hieroglyphics were a nice bonus. Good trail for training legs for longer hikes. Traffic was moderate for a weekday. Since there has been no rain the waterfalls are dry and the water pockets are very low with a lot of algae.

2-5-2018 Great Hike with my Son! Beautiful Scenery

I thought this was a great trail! Easy to follow, straight out and back. It's definitely worth going to the end to see the heiroglyphics and the water hole. It was very busy tho, lots of people and it was a Monday morning when we went. It is a fairly easy hike although there are a couple areas where you have to step up big rock steps or climb up them. My 70 year old grandma accompanied me and she did great and she loved it. I took my dog and she also did great! The big parking lot at the trail head is super convenient. All in all, great easy hike. I would definitely go back.

Checked this one out this morning. First 2/3 are typical Arizona desert. Last 1/3 is really nice. This is definitely a destination hike. Need to get there early as the trail gets very crowded by mid-morning

A family favorite. Kids love climbing around near the Petroglyphs. If you can hit a good after-rain day, the flowing water is so pretty.