Hidden Valley Trail Via Mormon Trail

Hidden Valley Trail Via Mormon Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mormon Trail to Hidden Valley is great for hiking and normally takes 2-4 hours. There are many trails in this area, worthy of more hiking. The Hidden Valley loop offers interesting tunnels, dry waterfalls, and a cool squeeze through Fat Man's pass. While it might be tempting, it is not recommended to hike off trail in this area is it is very difficult to make any progress and easy to lose sight of the trail. Given the close proximity with Phoenix, you should be ready to share this trail with many others, especially on nice winter weekends. Bring your camera as there are many opportunities for great photos.

Straight flames

Very nice trail with a few other people also hiking it. Once you get over the first hill it's really lovely and feels away from it all. The shady area in the hidden Valley was very welcome on such a hot day. Take lots of water.

Great trail! We around 5:15am...not many people there yet at that time. I took my pup with. It was a great challenging hike although I got to a fork and thought I was going the right way, ended up being that I didn't. But that's ok, we still enjoyed it anyways!

This was an awesome hike, the rock formations in Hidden Valley were very cool. On the way back to the Mormon trail from Hidden Valley we missed the connection and ended up taking the National trail about 2 miles off track. My only recommendation is to pay attention!!!! If the day had been hotter or we had not brought enough water, it could have been a very bad situation.