Hidden Canyon Bowen Loop Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(255)
Tucson Mountain Park

Hidden Canyon Bowen Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 367 feet Route Type: Loop

This is an incredible hike, gorgeous. Don't hike it in the summer, too hot.

Great trail for running or jogging. I saw some deer at the end of my walk and the trails marked very well.

Beautiful views. I didn't see anyone else until I had already hiked 1.7 miles in! The whole loop is 2.1 miles. I wouldn't classify it as easy at all. Definitely moderate.

Great Trail that circles around and makes a full loop if you take the Bowen Trail back. This Trail is rated as easy but it's a great walk and I think it could be easily rated as moderate. We'll be walking this Trail many more times. Really enjoyed it. If you walk the full loop it's 2.38 miles, not 1.8 for just Hidden Canyon as stated by Alltrails.

Nice view of the city and the west side as you get to the back of the loop. A pleasant hike in cooler weather.some nice desert wildflowers and flowering cacti.

beautiful view. went with our toddler. it wasn't a toddler friendly trail. but he did good.

Second time on the whole loop and still loved every minute of it! Not that many other hikers. No rattlesnakes. Beautiful views as always and good breeze. A top 10 fave for sure!!

Great trail. Beautiful views.

I loved this hike, it's marked so well! Great views, nice relaxed elevation, and a fun stop at the Bowen ruins. Easy free parking near the hotel. Follow my instagram for more adventures @julie_journeys

Really enjoyed this hike! Well marked and beautiful. Past the Bowen Homestead are two great views of Tucson; one of downtown and one of South Tucson. Didn't complete the loop but definitely want to!

Nice loop! Surprisingly good views of downtown Tucson too. Only downside is you run right into and have to walk along the JW Marriott Starr Pass to connect back on the loop.

Beautiful views and lots of small colorful flowers along this trail. The lower parts of the trail are quite rocky. Super quiet and peaceful hike.

Amazing trail! So beautiful. Great views and perfect length for my 5.5 year old who is becoming a hiking lover. It gets very hot in some months but it’s a great trail for cooler temps. One of my fave Tucson trails!

Easy trail. Only a few parts where ascending was a lil steeper than I expected. Overall a rewarding short hike. Took under an hour.

Took my kids ages 5 & 9 and we loved it! the youngest complained a lot during the climb up (it's a lot steeper than I anticipated) but was fine on the way down. It's a gorgeous trail with lots of pretty spring flowers. Highly recommend!

Great trail for first timers (me) lol .. has slight incline and rocky trails uphill halfway then downhill the other half.. beautiful scenery and pretty little flowers around.

So beautiful! Gorgeous view of the canyon. Very rocky trail, so be sure to wear proper shoes.

beautiful trail. had the opportunity to hike it with my 4 year old little girl, and she made it all the way through no problem. great family hike.

Great hike with my 7 year old. Amazing views and right amount of challenge for her!

I would rate intermediate over easy with the elevation changes, narrow trail and loose rocky ground

good loop. some incline/decline. good views in places. lots of rocks, some lose, some jagged.

The NAB Loop trail, marked with fruit. Most scenic trail off the Bowen Trail. Love it to death.