Helipad Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Laveen, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and running.

Distance: 3.5 miles Elevation Gain: 853 feet Route Type: Out & Back

It's definitely not at easy trail and we were a little confused on where it started.

Great beginner trail.

Not sure why other people are poopooing this hike. It’s got the same things that hundreds of other trails in the area have. Also nice variability. Some steep inclines! Good workout.

No markings. Hard to follow

Loose rocks. On the moderate side of easy. Beautiful views.

Narrow rocky and steep. Next time take the parallel trail to the north.

Sunday, October 14, 2018

We didn't like this trail. It was difficult to find the entrance as other reviews mentioned, but eventually we found it. A lot of time spent looking into backyards of million dollar homes. Also, not the most stable of trails (wear good hiking shoes, not trainers). Lastly, there was a lot of very small cacti on the ground, which didn't make it very dog friendly. We ended up bailing on this one, but it was a great day to be outside. Looking forward to other trails and leaving this one behind us.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

This trail is great for a moderate workout and can be used for hiking and trail running. My 9 year old said it was challening but not too hard. Some nice views of South Mountain and Ahwatukee from the helipad. I think this will be my new local go-to trail.

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Great views of Ahwatukee and a nice moderate hike with steeper portions balanced with flatter areas. Not well marked so use the app!!

Saturday, March 17, 2018

The rocks are a bit too loose, too big, and too irregularly shaped for my liking. The trail is a bit confusing and isn’t marked and branches off in many directions a few times. I passed a few families that seemed familiar with the trail and enjoyed it. This was my first time and probably my last. No thanks.