Hawes Trail System Loop

Hawes Trail System Loop is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a moderate, low elevation hike. Nice open space and close to city. Trail is used primarily for biking, keep an eye for those bikers. Something else, if you are lucky you will come across some beautiful wild horses, very cool sight.

Trails is well maintained and is marked, no way of getting lost on this one. I love the views of red mountain and river. After the hike you are about 5 minutes drive to river which is a perfect place to cool down.

We went off the beaten track a couple of times and didn’t realize it. Thank god for the app! Ended up walking 11.7 kms. Our pup was pooped when we finished!

great Trail for running a bit challenging awesome for training

Pretty great trail. It leads to about four others. Great for a trail run or nice hike but do be cautious to mountain bikers because some of the trails are narrow.

Loved the trails!! Our first time for the wife and I, totally loved it!! Ton of people on the trails, riding and hiking. Definitely going back to do more exploring.

Did the counter-clockwise loop. I️ thought the trail was marked very well and didn’t have any issues finding where I️ needed to go. Had to jump of for some bikers but it wasn’t too busy. It has some rocky parts and I️ did the first part in the dark so be careful. I️ wouldn’t do this in the sun. Very exposed. It’s a fun winding trail. Probably will come back on my bike and try it out. Clocked 6.7 miles.

Has easy parts but definitely has its rough areas going uphill. Overall very beautiful hike!

This trail is actually more like 9 miles and isn't very well marked. It was moderate elevation wise but length wise this trail was a bit tough.

Seemed good for mountain biking but April-September I wouldn't suggest it just because of the length alone.

I mountain bike this trail all the time. A fun time! Hikers watch out this is really a mountain biking area.

It's a nice trail to just trot along too, since I don't ride I just walk it. Just go when it's cooler outside, ha.

Not challenging but a nice hike during a hot day

Be courteous of bikers! Let them pass then be on your marry way.

Trailhead is somewhat hidden, but once on the trail, all trails are clearly marked. Challenging and interesting.

Solid trail system. Big climbs, but worth it

Nice hike, moderate. First timers require GPS. Trail get confusing at times.

This was a very poorly marked trail system. Ended up doing an out and back because we didn't look at this app until after our run. Got lost on different side trails that lead to streets trying to find our way. Ended up doing 8miles in the hot sun. We assumed you stayed on the same trail name, not switching to multiple trails to form this loop. The map at the beginning of the trail head was very unclear also. Would have had a better experience using this app, going earlier in the morning and bringing more water than we had. No shade on this trail.

This was a fun trail to hike, not much elevation but pretty views looking out towards the Salt River. When I hiked it there were a lot of mountain bikers. We didn't even see another hiker until we were finishing the trial. Because of that, I don't know if I would do this hike again. It's frustrating to have to stop a couple of times a mile to let people pass.

Other than that, this is a well maintained trail. It would be good for families and trail running. Easy to follow, nothing too technical.

Great place for a quick hike with the family and even pets.