Hawes Ridge Loop

Hawes Ridge Loop is a 2.8 mile loop trail located near Las Alegres, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail,but too many bikers.

I didn't have any expectations for this hike after reading some of the reviews. The trail head was just down the hill from the bridge where we parked. It was a clean trail with no signs of feces except for a pile of horse droppings about halfways through. Not crowded at all and the mountain bikers were all very friendly. It was a easy hike with plenty of areas to sit and enjoy the scenery or take a rest. Although not needed since this is an easy trail. Will definitely do this one again. There aren't many signs to keep you on track but if you make notice of the ones you do see, you will have no problem keeping on the loop.

I remember reading a previous review of how awful this trail was but I’d have to disagree. I don’t encounter a ton of animal feces and didn’t walk far to enjoy the hike. We parked a small way up the road on the bridge so it wasn’t long at all. I assume you can park there because there were a couple other vehicles. The trail is obviously more used as a bike path but the hike was calming and not difficult. The views today with the cloud dusted sky were phenomenal & the sun hit Red Mntn just right. We didn’t encounter anyone until the last half mile or so and only 2 bikers but everyone was friendly and considerate of each other. It’s not strenuous and could easily be done with children although there are a couple spots where you get some cardio in.

Great hike with young kids.

irst off there is no parking at the trail head. You have to drive half a mile down the road to park and walk along the busy road. Second there was wayyyy too much dog s$#! On the trail. Come on people kick it off the trail at least. Like every one else said there are lots of mountain bikers but they are courteous. The best part about the hike was the ridge trail portion. It was beautiful. But too much road walking and dog poop for my liking.

Great morning hike with the dog! Lots of mountain bikers but all really nice. Overall perfect for any level and great views of red mountain. Will do again.

Nice and easy trail, good for a hot and humid day.

It was fun. Love how they do curves and hills. Not steep. Great work out. Just watch out the bikes they ride real fast. But friendly bike riders too. I would go with a hike buddy on that trial. Glad I have one. I really enjoy a lot

Super fun and quick bike trail!

Great hike! Brought my 10 year old lab with and he loved it.

Just the right length for me. Good for mountain biking but only saw about 10 bikers in 1 1/2 hours. Not too crowded at what could be a crowded time in great weather.

Nice trail not too crowded

Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Great for Grandma and 8 year old granddaughter! Not too steep, not too long! Perfect afternoon!

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Nice trail. First time here and had to use the app to make sure we were in the right route

Sunday, December 03, 2017

We enjoyed this hike! The trail is rocky and narrow in places with many small ups and downs. There are also many mountain bikers. The scenery was beautiful with overlooks to the Salt River and we saw a small band of wild horses. We are age 64 and 71. Doable for us but balance is needed along with good ankle strength. Enjoy!

Saturday, November 11, 2017

We use this trail for hiking and biking. Easy hike with great views and chance to see wildlife. Trail is in great condition and is well marked. Lots of up and downs. Good for dogs, but really need to be aware of mountain bikers if you bring them along. Lots of trails that branch off to extend your hike/ride.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Loved the trail. The only reason it's not a 5 is because there's a lot of mountain bikers and you gotta watch out for them, but definitely worth going again.