Havasu Canyon Trail to Supai

Havasu Canyon Trail to Supai is a 14.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Supai, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Best advice for this hike - start as early as you can! We left the parking lot a little before 6:30 am and our early hike out time helped us reach the partly-shaded path in between the canyons before the sun reached its full morning strength. Hiking down isn't too bad - I would definitely suggest a walking stick, though. Hiking up on the other hand.... I didn't really believe that the switchbacks would be too hard (I am in good aerobic shape), but WHEW LET ME TELL YOU - hiking up those switchbacks with 35+ lbs on my back in the blazing sun is HARD. I would suggest at least 3L of water for the trip down to Supai and 4L of water for the trip back to the parking lot. Leave as early as you can for the trip back - there isn't any shade once you leave the canyon - and shade in the canyon is hard to come by as well, if you leave later! Also, the morning glow makes the canyon walls look super cool. This hike is well worth it, because it leads to one of the most magestic places on earth!!!!! Please don't abuse the mules - hike your own gear in and hike your own gear out (if physically capable and you haven't developed some sort of food poisoning / sickness while you are down at the campgrounds). Enjoy!!!

Keep your pack light, your feet wrapped tight and your stay long... Majestic!

The hike into the campground from hilltop is mostly descending, and I would say yes it is moderate to easy getting there. The hike back out on the other hand, is challenging indeed. we left camp at 5:15am and didn't get to the Hilltop until 10:30, we dont take many rest stops and we hustled. I'd recommend leaving earlier to beat the heat (we went end of may). Those switchbacks are killer coming out when you're already tired and the heat is kicking in. Do the horses and mules a favor and don't contribute to thier use - its Animal abuse, and those who don't have horses wouldn't see it. enjoy!

Awesome hike, not very difficult but pretty. Stayed at the campsite & did the Beaver Creek Trail which was so peaceful, but get on the trail early to have it to yourself

A must see and must experience the full hike to camp.

Really busy on Sunday

Amazing! A must for your bucket list! Make time to see all the falls and camp out!